Official 2020 BBQ, Smoking, Grilling, Baking and Beer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
First time with a pork shoulder so a little 3 pounder test smoke. Homemade rub heavy on the pepper....guajillo, ancho, chiles de arbol, etc. I like mixing different woods so used apple, mesquite and pecan. Electric smoker for about 10 hrs. Pulled it at 190, wrapped and put it in a cooler for about 90 mins. Can't wait to do another but larger.

IMG_0597.jpg

IMG_0598.jpg

First time with a pork shoulder so a little 3 pounder test smoke. Homemade rub heavy on the pepper....guajillo, ancho, chiles de arbol, etc. I like mixing different woods so used apple, mesquite and pecan. Electric smoker for about 10 hrs. Pulled it at 190, wrapped and put it in a cooler for about 90 mins. Can't wait to do another but larger.

View attachment 144391

View attachment 144392
Salty that really looks great :cheers:

Anyone get rid of their gas grill and switch to a pellet grill exclusively? I am looking at getting a Memphis pellet grill, but I dont want to have a gas grill and a pellet grill taking up all the space on my deck.
Depends on what you want to do. BBQ, smoke, bake, ????
I would also look at Rec Tec pellet grills.
My neighbor bought a Treager and 2 months later sold it and bought the RT-700 aka The Bull, and I am totally impressed.
I have a smoker, a gas grill and a gas griddle and I use all of them for different food preparations. :cheers:

Reactions: TomGallopavo
Smoked Chickens -

07E1B86C-3B0B-4DC0-ABE7-7B405CA4843D.jpeg

Seasoned with Kinder’s seasoning and smoked with hardwood lump charcoal and hickory Wood chunks. I love to smoke chicken and I find splitting the whole chicken works best.

Very moist, juicy and full of smokey flavor.

Reactions: Leik
Dw wanted burgers and onion rings done in the air fryer and home grown tomatoes with mozzarella cheese and topped with home grown basil : cheers:

6D2F48F1-97EE-4DDB-8AA9-BD0FC74AEB71.jpeg

Smoked pork loin with orange/honey glaze -

4C1A46C6-E0F5-46AD-B911-51C811B9A3BB.jpeg

I tied up and wet-marinated the loin in a mixture of pineapple juice, soy sauce and mirin. Then I smoked it on my BGE using a little bit of apple wood. After it had smoke for about 20min I then glazed it with a mixture of orange marmalade & honey. Very flavorful.

I decided to whip up a few Italian stuffed mushrooms and served it with brown rice and broccoli.

EA80B59B-3713-41DD-BDFA-605EF5BC39AB.jpeg
62687145-43BB-42F3-A1F0-DB7B2FFA8741.jpeg

Reactions: salty87

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Happy Saturday:cheers:
when I had i solar cover and it was just me, I would peel back the corner like yours and hang out with an arm stretched down both walls. Sometimes the arms traded the bottle, sometimes they each had a beer.

The hot coping provided a nice back warming.

when I had i solar cover and it was just me, I would peel back the corner like yours and hang out with an arm stretched down both walls. Sometimes the arms traded the bottle, sometimes they each had a beer.

The hot coping provided a nice back warming.
Fully agree with you however when dw comes into the pool we have to remove the whole cover :cheers:

Reactions: Newdude
So...... I sent the misses to grab some Teddy Brewski’s, and THIS is what she came back with. :rolleyes:
View attachment 146719

P.S I can’t have grapefruit, I’m allergic to it.:brickwall:

P.S.S Guess where I went next. :suspect:

I haven’t ever met her yet and already I like your wife....🤣

Last edited:
Ok lots of drinking going on here. What about cooking.
I made corn pico this morning for fish tacos and flank steak tacos tonight. We brought home a pile of fish yesterday again and my freezer is jammed already with fish. Like I said somewhere else. If covid did anything to me is that my fishing game was never better. Lol
D4924710-9920-419F-804F-5A89FD4C54DD.jpeg8D34D3FF-8429-458E-9022-F5AA8615E9CD.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: kimkats
Whenever my wife buys something new, I always check what’s in it. She always..... “forgets”..... that I can’t have certain things.:roll:
Gotta get inside the female psyche for this one...... it had a pretty label with an artistic fish designed specifically to attract all the wives that were beer shopping. If it was designed for us, it would be the generic bottle that said ‘BEER’.

• Haha
Reactions: kimkats

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.