Official 2020 BBQ, Smoking, Grilling, Baking and Beer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you like that camp chef grill/ griddle? I bought the same one for my concessions trailer but haven't had a chance to use it yet.
I never thought I would use it so much. It is more efficient than my barbeque grill and it heats up fast and it takes forever to use up a propane tank. A griddle makes sense as 90% of all food in restaurants are cooked on a griddle. I use it to cook breakfast lunch and dinner and it is so versatile. I did a lot of research before I settled for this one and when I went to purchase it was on sale at Richard’s sporting store. The best thing I like is that it is very sturdy and the grease trap is in front and very easy to access. Hope this helps :cheers:

1218D6AA-E687-49EF-B5C0-05FFB4C9FE5F.jpeg9BC443B4-1796-4C78-B879-0EC1AA5C8B2B.jpeg

finished the fish tonight.
Hitting the river tomorrow from shore to wade in for musky. Then Friday we get the jet boat back. Then it’s on like Donkey Kong! Unless gov Wolfe has anything new to say. :(

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Would you share that?
I am not ignoring you, it was a busy day and I forgot to ask my wife. She makes it while I am handling the bbq. I just know it is based on the salad my mom used to make from her mothers recipe. I know you soak the cucumber overnight in salt water with minced garlic. Strain, rinse, and strain again. Then put them in a light dressing, maybe sour cream based, maybe miracle whip with a touch of vinegar, but light. Then it sits in the fridge for a few hours or days, as the liquid seeps out of the cucumber it's flavor is concentrated and the dressing gets thin. Sometimes my wife will add shaved red onion, and/ or carrots. Not part of grandmas recipe, but pretty good nonetheless. I found a recipe with all that and apple I am going to try soon.

I am not ignoring you, it was a busy day and I forgot to ask my wife. She makes it while I am handling the bbq. I just know it is based on the salad my mom used to make from her mothers recipe. I know you soak the cucumber overnight in salt water with minced garlic. Strain, rinse, and strain again. Then put them in a light dressing, maybe sour cream based, maybe miracle whip with a touch of vinegar, but light. Then it sits in the fridge for a few hours or days, as the liquid seeps out of the cucumber it's flavor is concentrated and the dressing gets thin. Sometimes my wife will add shaved red onion, and/ or carrots. Not part of grandmas recipe, but pretty good nonetheless. I found a recipe with all that and apple I am going to try soon.

no problem. Thanks for the ideas!

Ok... just an PSA discovery on my part with our new RecTec grill- The Hickory, Apple and Cherry wood mixed pellets are *very* nice to cook with. We felt like the Hickory (on their own) was a bit too strong. SOooo handy having the RecTec factory 5 min from the house. Like dummies we headed out to Lowes frst without thinking to find apple pellets. When they were out we recalled the factory is right down the road, duh!

Due to Corona when you pull up they want you to phone in your order and they carry it out to the trunk for you. Nice!

Getting the hang of this :)

Maddie :flower:

• Love
Reactions: kimkats

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.