Official 2019 BBQ, Smoking, Grilling, Baking and Beer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s hard to cook thick steaks on a flat top because you’ll mostly just wind up searing/burning the outer layer and the interior will remain raw.

Oh nay nay. You have to cover them with a melting dome, they come out perfect.
717pOrJEA7L._SX425_.jpg

Anyone have a good cleaning method to remove stuck-on crud on the grill grates?

The new Weber grills come with a 2 sided porcelain enameled cast iron grates. One side is for making thinner grill marks on food, the other side is for making normal size grill marks.

Well, I seemed to have gone to long in between flipping the grates over, and now the normal side is pretty gunked up. I’ve tried the usual methods for cleaning them, but there is still quite a bit of stuff that won’t budge. Any ideas? :scratch:

Anyone have a good cleaning method to remove stuck-on crud on the grill grates?

The new Weber grills come with a 2 sided porcelain enameled cast iron grates. One side is for making thinner grill marks on food, the other side is for making normal size grill marks.

Well, I seemed to have gone to long in between flipping the grates over, and now the normal side is pretty gunked up. I’ve tried the usual methods for cleaning them, but there is still quite a bit of stuff that won’t budge. Any ideas? :scratch:
Ammonia! It dissolves grease/crud. You can dilute or wipe on straight, let set and then wipe off once softened

Ok boys, the wife is poking me about one of those air fryers you all seem to have. I casually looked at them the other day, but I have no idea what I should be looking for. They don’t seem very big, like they wouldn’t fit a whole bag of fries at one time.
What should I be looking for/at? I don’t need the fry master 5000, but I do want something that works well, and doesn’t come with a phonebook size manual.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Sorry SP, for some reason I just saw your reply now.
Really? Ammonia? What do you use that fits the grates to soak them in?
I was going to try easy-off oven cleaner. :scratch:
Yes for real! lol Ammonia dissolves grease/oils/fat. If the kitchen sink gets slow, just pour it down the drain, straight (the smell isn't sweet, but it works miracles!) And the smell goes away after it's "used" up, usually not very long

Ok boys, the wife is poking me about one of those air fryers you all seem to have. I casually looked at them the other day, but I have no idea what I should be looking for. They don’t seem very big, like they wouldn’t fit a whole bag of fries at one time.
What should I be looking for/at? I don’t need the fry master 5000, but I do want something that works well, and doesn’t come with a phonebook size manual.

They take up A LOT of counter space unless you plan to store it and some lower end models can be quite loud (like a hair dryer).

Go small and inexpensive first to test if you like it. Looks at thread #181 on page 10. Mine is very basic and I love it so far, but we use it just for a few things which BTW comes out GREAT. Here it is https://www.bestbuy.com/site/emerald-4l-analog-air-fryer-black/6317700.p?skuId=6317700

We have the original phillips xl version. It fits 16 wings at a time. Can it fit a bag of fries. I don’t remember. My wife makes fresh ones and it’s usually a medium cookie sheet amount at a time. Deff not a high volume things.

We keep our packed away in the basement and bring it out when we use it.

Use it outside only. It gives off steam in the top. A lot of it. At least the philips one does. I use it in the garage in winter with the heat on and side door open.

I like it for what we use it for. Homemade fries and wings. And anything else frozen that is deep fried already.

Brent, does that one you posted fit an entire bag of fries at once? Or do you have to split it up?

Also, how do you know how long to cook things?

Thanks dude! :cheers:
Rob, it is only 2 of us for most of the time, so we only cook half a bag of fries. I believe if we put in a whole bag it will take a longer time to cook however it is usually not very noticeable. The pro is we don't have to use oven for fries anymore, the con is that it will smell up the house so we always cook with it outdoors ( ie in the Flamingo Lounge or in the Dolphin Bar and Grill aka summer kitchen) I think the most amount of wings I have cooked is 16. BTW the hash brown patties take about 20 mins from frozen to crispy. We just experiment with time and temp but so far we both love it for certain foods. Hope this helps :cheers:

Reactions: Arizonarob

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.