OB in Southern Highlands, Las Vegas NV - HELP NEEDED!

Oct 31, 2017
Las Vegas, Nevada
Hello Everyone,

My wife and I are ready to put a pool/spa in at our house, and have both agreed on going the OB route after spending time on this amazing website. We're young (still in our twenties), and hoping to spend no more than $35k! We also want to get started as soon as possible.

We are looking for any guidance and direction from others in our area to get started on the right foot. We GREATLY appreciate any and all the help we can get.

1. Can anyone recommend someone for design plans/drawings?
2. Does anyone have a list of subcontractors you can send me for bids? Along with recommendations and any additional insight in regards to quality/PRICES, etc...
3. Pool equipment reccomendations/feedback..

Thank you all in advance!! We will ensure to progress once I get going :)

Hiya LasVegas88-

My only suggestion is to go with a Salt Water Chlorine Generator (SWG) for sure! Make sure its 2-3x the volume of your pool so you can run it less.

Skip anything like UV or Ozone (they're worthless for outdoor pools, esp in your neck of the woods!)

Maddie :flower:

Lol, I just sent you a email as well. IMAZ is a great resource and a pretty awesome guy almost as cool as me hahaha. But let us know if you need anything and we (las Vegas community) will be happy to help :)

Hello Everyone,

I got the drawings back from the designer (Jay Schembari, Mypoolplans) - Thank you to everyone who has responded/assisted in pointing me into the right direction so far. In comparing my plans, it seems my pool is much smaller than the others. My yard is pretty small, and had to compromise for the wife so this is what we agreed on.

Dimensions - 30' by 12' rectangular shape, Pool is 22' by 12', Spa 7' by 6'5", Wet deck 4'5" by 8' - Glass tile spill over spa (raised 12"), 2 36" sheer descents, Raised beam along back 18"
Depth - 3'6" to 5' to 4'
Equipment - 2 Intelliflo VST -2 pump, 1 MasterTemp NG 400,000 Btu Heater, 1 Easy Touch 8 w/ Salt iC40, Screenlogic bundle, 4 Globrite LED Light 100', 4 Gunite Nitch - Globrite, 1 Pentair pass-through cell, 1 Silencer Blower 2 HP 120v

Next step is submitting plans to HOA and structural engineer.. Any other feedback/assistance would be greatly appreciated.

XqiSaZI.jpg

5RP1a4a.jpg

0wbEQZ1.jpg

NLGklUz.jpg

JXwm7n2.jpg

tCn2dMK.jpg

sjOuIKn.jpg

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to send an update on progress. Huge thanks to ALL the help from so many on this forum, I found great subs and got excellent deals on the work so far. Would appreciate any feedback (pics below) and additional info on subs for shotcrete, tile/coping, and plaster. Looking for good quality, but definitely on a budget.

11/14 to current - Reached out for to contractors for bids
11/28 - Submitted plan to HOA for approval
12/14 - Made a few personal changes to design and finalized with designer who then sent to structural engineer
12/16 - HOA plans approved
12/17- Structural engineered drawings completed
12/19 - Building permit from county (same day, walked-in)
12/27 - Existing deck removal, pool excavation started
12/28 - Pool excavation complete, also purchased pool equipment
12/29 - Pool equipment arrived
12/30 - Rough plumbing complete
12/31 - Steel install started, will complete tomorrow.
1/2 - Electric scheduled, will also schedule 1st inspection for 1/2 or 1/3

hQluBVZ.jpg

3rQGOSB.jpg

S0Vst6F.jpg

5zjiqLs.jpg

tihb2OG.jpg

sNlGV80.jpg

NQPKMEm.jpg

d80kFx4.jpg

Wow! They're moving quickly! Everything stops for weeks here in Australia over Christmas and new year. We are building a smaller pool than you, also due to yard size. We signed our contact on the 5th of Dec. and there's nothing happening yet. I did receive the insurance documents. It needs to go to the engineer then off to council for approval. Not sure if any of that process has started yet as our PB is closed until the 8th. Will be following your build in the mean time. I bet you're done before we even start!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Wow! They're moving quickly! Everything stops for weeks here in Australia over Christmas and new year. We are building a smaller pool than you, also due to yard size. We signed our contact on the 5th of Dec. and there's nothing happening yet. I did receive the insurance documents. It needs to go to the engineer then off to council for approval. Not sure if any of that process has started yet as our PB is closed until the 8th. Will be following your build in the mean time. I bet you're done before we even start!

Wow, watching from across the world! Looking forward to your progress as well and good luck!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.