OB in NW Las Vegas- Open book here and on a budget

Now for the *interesting* cuts! That is some pretty stone you have there! Has there been any that you saw that were not as pretty so got rejected? Has there been any that were SO pretty you "highlighted" them by putting them right in line of where your eye falls?

Kim:kim:

Now for the *interesting* cuts! That is some pretty stone you have there! Has there been any that you saw that were not as pretty so got rejected? Has there been any that were SO pretty you "highlighted" them by putting them right in line of where your eye falls?

Kim,
I have not thought that far ahead. I see some pieces that stand out now but I have no decorating eye. I have let them do their thing. Seems they are doing good.

Travertine almost done. It is finishing well. I was troubled a couple days ago while walking on the travertine. It seemed that the pavers had a lot of movement and "play" in them. I couldn't understand how the perimeter pavers were going to stay in place. Everything came together today. I'll attach all eight photos because I'm not sure which ones provide useful information. The travertine on the raise deck has turned out good. This is the area that they have to finish tomorrow. I'm happy overall with the finish. Please comment if you see any issues.IMG_1171.jpgIMG_1179.jpgIMG_1178.jpgIMG_1177.JPGIMG_1176.jpgIMG_1175.jpgIMG_1174.jpgIMG_1173.jpgIMG_1172.jpgIMG_1180.jpg

This photo shows a bit of how the travertine is finished. All of the perimetier pavers were layed with cement. Sand was brushed into the lines. The deck went from being very loose to feeling like a secure deck today.

Attachments

• IMG_1182.jpg
    IMG_1182.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 252
Maybe I sounded a little pessimistic in the last two posts. It's crazy how I thought I was so funny at the beginning of the build and have been repeatedly humbled throughout the build. I am extremely happy with the deck work. My subs have been professional and honest. I have asked a million questions when i probably should have just stayed back and let them do their work. I still might have a pool soon....!!!!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Here is my humanitarian post. Since I'm in a chatty mood. Everybody has a story about their animal shelter save. Here is mine. Enjoy my misery.

Daughter (Veterinarian tech) works at an animal hospital. Somebody brought in a 6-8 week old kitten that was in BAD shape. Vet Docs were going to put it to sleep. Daughter thought it was a good idea to tell me a fib. (it was a lie but she is my youngest so she gets away with murder. I don't call her a liar. It was a FIB). Tells me that she just needs to bring the kitten home for a few days to nurse it back to health and she already has a family for it. Well!!!!!!!! The cat showed up about the time we were doing plumbing. I only agreed to it because i do have a heart and felt the cat deserved comfort during it's last days. Really believed it would not live more than a couple days. Cat couldn't breath on it's own and wouldn't drink water. Needless to say, I slept on the couch for a couple of weeks. Force feeding water and medicine. Low and behold he started getting better.
Two months later and he is the biggest a..hole ever. He runs the house. My dog is scared of him. He has more toys than my children ever did. His name is Felix. And he is pretty cool!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_1189.JPG
    IMG_1189.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 237
  • IMG_2284.jpg
    IMG_2284.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 235
  • IMG_1186.JPG
    IMG_1186.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 235
That mocha travertine is beautiful and looks super familiar! Lol
It is VERY bright at first in the sun but will tone down after a few months

Had to reply to your post. All I can say is Thanks. Thanks a ton. Thanks to you and a couple others in Vegas. Get ready for the plaster. Cause it's gonna look a bit familiar too. I have no intention of re-inventing the wheel.

You are very welcome, I had so many other help me so it’s only right to pay it forward. And with the help of others it took ALOT of guess work out of my build.
Next for me is landscaping and a bbq and fireplace

ahhhhhhhhh the snotty nose and goopy eyes--poor kitty.....been there, done that a couple of times. It is an awesome feeling the first time they eat on their own!!!! He looks like he KNOWS he is home and in charge!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.