O/B in Gilbert, AZ for 2nd time

As long as the fresh shotcrete is clean you would just need some bonding agent. Its plenty rough to get good adhesion at this stage. I would let the PB do it. You dont wanna do something that would affect performance, he can see 2 steps ahead you may not
We are owner/builder so it's up to us to find a solution. Thankfully the shotcrete guy is going to do it for us for free but we have to wait until he has another job close by 😕. We are so grateful he's willing to do it but hope it doesn't take too long. 🤞🏻

Reactions: Girija and kimkats
Our waterfall was done today. He left us extra boulders to use in our landscaping too. He was so nice and leveled out the mounds of dirt with his bobcat that were hard as a rock. They also used our old concrete boarders in the waterfall for props so now we have less to have to get rid of. They were very helpful today 😊. Now for the deck forms on Friday. A6E2A31F-0686-4CA2-80CE-BFA2C088BC79.jpeg6615ED9E-178A-472C-AEB7-3EC39E9BE242.jpeg2F1733DC-6F36-4273-9821-634A4FC2E512.jpeg

Oh, electrical came yesterday and today and hooked up the Intellicenter and GFI and whatever else they do. I also thought it was very nice of him to bring me all the manuals. I know some of you have had to get them out of the trash so I was grateful he brought them to me. 8524DF4C-81F5-468A-8ECF-13E96EEF3AE9.jpeg

Oh, electrical came yesterday and today and hooked up the Intellicenter and GFI and whatever else they do. I also thought it was very nice of him to bring me all the manuals. I know some of you have had to get them out of the trash so I was grateful he brought them to me. View attachment 173366
Looking great neighbor! If your Intellicenter is for Pool and Spa, you should have received 2 Intellivalves to manage the suction and returns between both bodies of water.

Looking great neighbor! If your Intellicenter is for Pool and Spa, you should have received 2 Intellivalves to manage the suction and returns between both bodies of water.

My PB installed the actuators for mine, not the electrician. So Nikilyn, you might be on the hook for that one! Got plenty of help around here if you wind up needing to!

--Jeff

My PB installed the actuators for mine, not the electrician. So Nikilyn, you might be on the hook for that one! Got plenty of help around here if you wind up needing to!

--Jeff
What are the Intellivalves and actuator? The plumbing/electrical contractor is coming tomorrow so let me know what to ask for.

Should be two boxes with your intellicenter that have these in them... IntelliValve Valve Actuator

Those are the intellivalve actuators. One will go on the valve to select between pool and spa suction and the other on the valve that selects pool and spa return. The wires from them get ran back to the panel and connected to the control board. I don't remember how they are marked at the board, at the moment.

Were there pics of your entire equipment pad? From the ones above, I don't see any place for your SWCG to go. Found it on post #85, on page 5. You will need to get that addressed, if you are going to use the SWCG.

--Jeff

After looking further, I do not understand your plumbing setup. Partially because the plumbing to the heater is buried, so I can't tell how it ties in to everything. Do you have any pics showing everything before it was buried?

--Jeff

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Could this grey box be where they are? It wasn't there yesterday. 184F0461-FDE5-413D-8187-263CDD60462C.jpeg
DC3C84CD-1A3C-4A43-9703-C6682978516D.jpeg
He told me the SWG would go on one of the two pipes I put the pink on.
I don't have a pic of the pipes before they were buried 😕.
My husband just said he was wondering why the electronic valves haven't been put on.

I'm thinking the grey box is a junction box for your lighting? Definitely not the valve actuators. Hard to tell what the conduit is that is leaving there and going off to the right, around the heater. Oh looks like that j-box is several things, as your air blower also connects to it.

Where do the two pipes that you marked with pink, go?

So which line is the return to the spa? I'm thinking it is the line downstream of the check valve, shown in about the upper middle of that previous pic.

--Jeff

May husband and I just looked in our box of parts and found 1 Intellivalves actuator. The contractor is coming in about an hour to go over everything.

May husband and I just looked in our box of parts and found 1 Intellivalves actuator. The contractor is coming in about an hour to go over everything.

You should have two actuators for a pool/spa. One goes on the suction valve and one goes on the return valve. Both valves need to be turned to switch from POOL to SPA.

Reactions: Nikilyn
Ok, figured some stuff out without the contractor since he hasn't shown 🤨. In one of the pictures you can see 2 boxes sitting on top of the pipes. One is the SWG and the other has 2 actuators in it. They are hooked up in the box 🤔. We also have another one we found in the garage. We have 2 pumps so do we need all 3 actuators?

Here is another picture of the pipes where he said the SWG will go on. It goes into the filter. 23F45B11-804F-4FFE-8E59-C629CBE8D355.jpeg

Forms for the deck were put in today and they are supposed to pour it Tuesday. We're expecting rain the beginning of next week so who knows what will actually happen. We found out after they set the forms that the spa definitely is not tall enough. It was supposed to be raised 6", so that would make the top of it 2" above the deck but it's just over an inch on one side and less than that on the other. We need the shotcrete guys to come raise the bottom so we definitely need them to raise this too because it isn't right. Hopefully they'll come out sooner rather than later because we won't be able to do tile until they fix it.

So the workers doing the deck forms were great. We talked thru how I wanted things and they explained the height of the spa to me. Their boss is a pain. He's just so condescending. I'm trying to just bite my tongue because I want my deck done right and want to be able to get things fixed if I need to, but man, it's hard. I'm glad the crew was good today to help offset him. He is the first sub that hasn't been the best to work with. A659D7D9-1BE5-4ED7-A1FF-47336DE87E7E.jpeg3C36396C-C8E7-45A5-9A9A-CED22A5A28D9.jpeg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.