MsWoodchip

Sep 4, 2022
Riverside, CA
I'm in the process of build and we are at the stage of choosing pebble colors. In our contract we have Stonescape Micro as the type. My pool builder is saying for our micro, to add the glass to the pebble costs extra and isn't standard. However, everything I've read says that Micro (by seemingly definition) includes glass. I'm not wanting anything other than the standard Micro batch... so now, I'm trying to decipher if Stonescape Micro has glass or if it's supposed to be extra. I feel like my pool builder is trying to upcharge me because he wasn't aware of the difference between mini and micro. Anyone have any experience with the basic Micro Batch for Stonescape? I found a card with instructions to use glass, but not one without.

I'm in the process of build and we are at the stage of choosing pebble colors. In our contract we have Stonescape Micro as the type. My pool builder is saying for our micro, to add the glass to the pebble costs extra and isn't standard. However, everything I've read says that Micro (by seemingly definition) includes glass. I'm not wanting anything other than the standard Micro batch... so now, I'm trying to decipher if Stonescape Micro has glass or if it's supposed to be extra. I feel like my pool builder is trying to upcharge me because he wasn't aware of the difference between mini and micro. Anyone have any experience with the basic Micro Batch for Stonescape? I found a card with instructions to use glass, but not one without.

If you look at the attached Batch Formula Cards for Stonescapes Micro (it is from 2020), it shows the components for several different colors of Stonescapes Micro. Most colors have a little bit glass beads in the mix. If you are referring to Puerto Rico Blend for Stonescapes (iridescent glass beads), that is definitely an add-on and costs extra. I just finished an owner-build pool a month ago, so could clearly see the different costs of the different finish options and add-ons. We went with Stonescapes Micro Blue with Puerto Rico Blend and the Puerto Rico Blend was an additional line item.

Attachments

• stonescapes_micro_npt_88_1334_dry_2020_final.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 67
Reactions: MsWoodchip
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.