Notes on my Intex Ultra Frame 18x9x52 setup

LATEST VACUUM UPDATE:
Well, to be fair and because I also loved this vacuum when it worked, I ordered a second unit to give it one more shot.
Amazon.com : Intex Handheld Rechargeable Vacuum with Telescoping Aluminum Shaft and Two Interchangeable Brush Heads, Gray/Black : Garden & Outdoor
I am now happy that this one works just fine. Maybe I just got a lemon the first time around. This is the fastest and easiest way to clean small debris off the bottom of the pool.
This charger works great with it Amazon.com: Wall Charger, Ailkin 2.1Amp 2-Port USB Phone Charger Home Travel Plug Power Adapter Replacement for iPhone X 8/7/6 Plus/5S/4S,iPad, iPod, Samsung Galaxy S7 S6, HTC, LG, Table, Motorola and More(2Pcs): Cell Phones & Accessories
Full charge takes about 10-hours and there's a little light near the charging port on the vacuum that starts off Red when charging and goes to Green when the batteries are fully charged. The white fine-mesh filter that comes with it should be fitted inside the coarser black one (if fitted to the outside of the coarse black filter, the fine white one gets tangled in the impeller).

The rainy season is starting, and no significant increase in debris coming into the pool. However, along with my automated top-up system there's some over-filling of the pool, due to the rain.
I just installed a nice little Rain Sensor, set to inhibit my top-up timer-valve when rainfall exceeds 6mm. Well see just how well this works. As I said before, the house is fully automated. So, I see no reason why the pool should not be too :geek: :)
UPDATE: Its been a few days now with sporadic showers, the rain sensor works great.

104126RAIN SENSOR

104127 TOP-UP TIMER-VALVE
Timer setting that works for me:
Times: 3am, 7am, 11am, 3pm, 7pm and 11pm
Water Duration: 50secs each time.

Last edited:
Well, were coming up on one year since the pool was commissioned, had some heavy thunderstorms this hurricane season and the pool presents absolutely no maintenance issues. The attached maintenance regime serves me well and really only takes about 15-minutes per weekend to accomplish. I'm really impressed with my pool, especially when all the naysayers claim "you'll use it for a couple months and get tired of it", "Swimming pools are a nightmare to maintain".
Well I'm happy to say, I use it practically every day, and it's a joy to maintain!

Attachments

• Maintenance.pdf
    182.1 KB · Views: 13
  • Love
Reactions: kimkats
Well done, Cletus! We love hearing folks say things like you've just said. You have things figured out and are reaping the benefits of your work setting things up so nicely for your local conditions. :goodjob:

Maddie :flower:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Being an electronics engineer and simply can't leave things alone, I've bought another Intex Chlorine Generator on ebay really cheap, ripped out the control system and substituted my own. Now I have a system that is performing precisely the way I want it to, with proper reporting as to when the cycle is reversed, the current being put into the chlorine cell, continuous readout of pool salinity (ppm) and alarms and shut-downs for issues, all with no intervention on our part. I posted some details on this old thread, as it's not too difficult to do if one really wanted.
The Arduino - Intex SWG

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.