Not enough water on spa jets

This is why I suggested earlier to confirm the brand of the nozzle you have. Most likely it is not a Waterway nozzle. Again, they are not all the same.

Worst case, you can fill the nozzle end with epoxy and drill a new hole.
Do you have a suggestion on what kind of epoxy ? I have no idea thanks

Could you please tell me how far this pipe from your spa ?
Is it pushing air when the jets running ?
And what is the speed you running in spa mode?
Thanks
It is around 75ft away at the pad, a 1.5” inch pipe. I have a small spa with only 4 Venturi jets. I run at full speed 3450 on pump. You can hear and feel air being sucked in the pipe. My spa jet returns are a 2” pipe.

Thank you so much , I'll give it a try see how it works for me bc I need to change it , can you confirm the psi ? Mine is on 30 when on full speed and I hate it

Do you think its possible to upgrade my jets in the spa ?
I see people upgrading their dpa jets without replacing the body in the gunite , they simply extend the jet using 1" pipe all the way to the end of the pipe and connect a nice jet see picture thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220509-225445_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220509-225445_Chrome.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 3
All of those will require cutting into the spa wall. It is not easy to change out the spa body but in most cases, if you want to change the type of jet, that is the only way to do it. The only thing you can change easily is the nozzle. However, you have to find the correct nozzle. ;)

To find the correct nozzle, if you take some measurements of the thread, you can usually find the manufacture by calling the pool store or different manufactures. You need the thread diameter and threads per inch to match correctly.

So I want to give you an update about my problem.

So I replaced the nozzle with 5/16 , I start refill the spa and it looks like at the picture.
Once the water reach the eyeball I don't feel much of water coming out , also the water doesn't shoot straight inside the spa when it's filled , I can feel it like circling , like the water mixed with air.

So I ran the blower at some point then it has the same action as before with the blower on ,

I remember when I was in spa mode and before I ran the blower I can see air coming out of the jets as well , I think this is because by blower has a T in order to control the amount of air going to the spa. I belive the air that was coming out of the jets at some point was from the (oper T) IT WAS OPEN but since I ran the blower everything changed back as it was before , I insert my garden wand into the water to compare 6-gpm , I can definitely feel the water from the wand but nothing close to it is coming out from the jets when it's on full speed , I'm just tired of it and I will probably wait and replace the 1.5" drain to 3" and ill change the return to 2.5"
Maybe that will solve the problem and I hope it will, if you have any comments I'd love to hear thanks

I was looking inside the pipe where the jet is and I Clearly see the air is coming from the top not from the jet itself.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220510-182212_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220510-182212_Gallery.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20220510-182211_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220510-182211_Gallery.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20220510-182210_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220510-182210_Gallery.jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20220510-182208_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220510-182208_Gallery.jpg
    233.8 KB · Views: 5

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
One more thing I discovered when I drain the spa is structural crack 😡, I'm not sure if this is just plaster or Crack on the concrete wall. Any idea ? And how to fix?

Attachments

• 20220510_154545.jpg
    20220510_154545.jpg
    397.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 20220510_154542.jpg
    20220510_154542.jpg
    425.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 20220510_154538.jpg
    20220510_154538.jpg
    531.4 KB · Views: 5
So I replaced the nozzle with 5/16 , I start refill the spa and it looks like at the picture.
How did you do that since the ones you purchased where the wrong size?

Once the water reach the eyeball I don't feel much of water coming out , also the water doesn't shoot straight inside the spa when it's filled , I can feel it like circling , like the water mixed with air.
The water looks like it is shooting straight forward from the pictures.

I remember when I was in spa mode and before I ran the blower I can see air coming out of the jets as well , I think this is because by blower has a T in order to control the amount of air going to the spa. I belive the air that was coming out of the jets at some point was from the (oper T) IT WAS OPEN but since I ran the blower everything changed back as it was before , I insert my garden wand into the water to compare 6-gpm , I can definitely feel the water from the wand but nothing close to it is coming out from the jets when it's on full speed ,
For the spa jets, the pump should always be running on full speed unless the jets are too strong which is not the case.

I'm just tired of it and I will probably wait and replace the 1.5" drain to 3" and ill change the return to 2.5"

Before doing that and wasting more time and money (4th try):
The VS pump should display, GPM and pump pressure. So please post GPM, pump pressure and filter pressure for the follow scenarios ALL at full speed:

Pool Only Mode
Spa Spillover Mode
Spa Only Mode

I cant run full speed in spa mode bc my filter going to 40psi bc the nozzle is very small , it changed the whole game now, ill do max 3150 at 29psi is that okay ?

How did you do that since the ones you purchased where the wrong size?

The water looks like it is shooting straight forward from the pictures.

For the spa jets, the pump should always be running on full speed unless the jets are too strong which is not the case.

Before doing that and wasting more time and money (4th try):
My spa spillover is a pool mode .
I dont have both .
Pool more = 4 pool returns plus the 6 jets in the spa.

Spa mode close pool returns. Open spa jets and spa drain and increase thr speed to 3150

40 psi is not ideal but not an issue either. You have to run at full speed to over come the high head loss in the pipes.

But you still have not answered my questions above.

You mean this ? If so ill send the information tomorrow, I'll remove the actuators and I'll do each one manually so I have the spillway seperate from pool mode as closing the pool returns while taking water from the pool .

The VS pump should display, GPM and pump pressure. So please post GPM, pump pressure and filter pressure for the follow scenarios ALL at full speed:

Pool Only Mode
Spa Spillover Mode
Spa Only Mode

Yes those measurements but also the question about where you got the nozzles. Earlier you showed the wrong size.

As for pressure, PVC can handle over 200 PSI. Filters are less but usually at least 60 PSI. So technically 40 PSI is not a problem but we need to figure out why it is so high. Especially since suction plumbing is smaller.

So I want to update something that happened out of the blue last night .

My son used the spa with his friends and they were sitting there for few hours , the water level was down under the tipe , maybe 3"-4" under the tile (exposed the plaster) , so I stepped outside to check on them and this is the first time that happened , I see 2 of the jets working , pushing water and air , the blower was off , I have a 3 watly valve installed on the blower pipe (at the equipment pad) so I can control the amount of air coming out at the spa .

Today was the first time i see water and air actually coming through the spa wall unless i use the blower , I was very excited and that what I was looking for , spa action without blower , so now I have to figure out why the other 4 jets doesn't work .

I ordered 1/4" anyway so I can get better velocity.

Do you think the amount of air was only enough for 2 jets because it was too far (120' from the spa) ?

I flush the pipes before installing the new jets today .

By the way I did exactly what you told me , I cover both ends with epoxy and drilled holes but I think some fly out with the water pressure , and if the epoxy was holding the water were shooting not in straight line it was changing from thin to thick or the opposite on some of the jets .

Maybe that's because I drilled uneven holes on the epoxy (on both sides).

I will respond tomorrow with the information about the pump gpm and psi and we will go from there but dt least I see something moving in the water tonight makes me happy ..

Now , after I changed to pool mode to refill the spa the jets stopped then I tried again in spa mode but this time the jets didn't have air and I cannot see any water like I did before , maybe anything to do with the water level ?

The water level was not even close to the jet opening , it was maybe 8" to 10" higher

If you look on the bottom left jet , you'll see it want to start but no success .

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220511-004641_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20220511-004641_WhatsApp.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20220511-004643_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20220511-004643_WhatsApp.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20220511-004644_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20220511-004644_WhatsApp.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20220511-004648_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20220511-004648_WhatsApp.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20220511-004658_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20220511-004658_WhatsApp.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 5

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.