Northlake, TX New Pool Build

Thanks Brentr, Kimber1 and Kimkats...once this rain is done I have a few plants that need to go in the ground and I'm done for awhile...plus I'm exhausted!

No worries Jim...sod is holding up and we had good steady rain yesterday. We have a break in the weather for now but heavy rains forecasted starting Sunday thru Wednesday of next week. Keeping my fingers crossed. What are you doing with pavers? I will check your thread to see if you have posted new pics...

Kinda funny how we start out just wanting a pool and it morphs into much bigger projects and more Dinero....

Now for the latest issue around the pool. After the sod was installed I started noticing standing water or pooling of water in a few areas. I had my sod/irrigation guy take a look because I think its coming from all the lines he ran for the sprinkler system. So he dug up one of the extremely wet areas near the septic and said there must be a leak coming from the septic...hmm...so I had the septic folks rush out and we confirmed its not the septic. We pumped the whole to get the water out and when we ran the sprinklers (for 1 min) the whole filled right up and has not subsided overnight. Now irrigation guy says it must be a leak from the pool...hmm...

Here are a few pics and maybe someone has seen this type of thing before. Oh, the drain pipe from the pool is on the opposite side of where the new issue is!
IMG_3616.jpg
The area we dug up and has held water overnight with no more rain...
IMG_3617.jpg
Septic tank is just to the right...
IMG_3621.jpg

Any thoughts??

Wait wait. So what kinda pool plumbing is anywere near that area? I would think u got a leak in the pool ur water level would be going down? Is it?

do u know if the water is coming in from a different area? Why settling there? Low area?

Great idea...thanks!

Test the water. If it has CYA in it then it is pool water if not then it is sprinkler water.

- - - Updated - - -

Normal water loss from evaporation and pool play...the area is lower than pool but since its not draining I have no idea what keeps it full :(
When we pumped it there appeared to be water coming from the left which is the middle of the yard and behind the pool area...

Wait wait. So what kinda pool plumbing is anywere near that area? I would think u got a leak in the pool ur water level would be going down? Is it?

do u know if the water is coming in from a different area? Why settling there? Low area?

Cliff,
Some questions for you on the water hole...
1. Where is your main sprinkler box located in your yard? Is it near that area?
2. Are your sprinklers running off of your septic tank?

I'm not an irrigation expert by all means but we a similar issue...
We had a constant wet spot in our front yard and our sprinkler guys came out multiple times and said they didn't see a leak where I was concerned but the area stayed soggy. So I didn't water that area for two weeks and it was still soggy. I pulled up the sod and dug a little bit and saw water still filling the area. So they came back out again and there was some sort of issue not far from the main box with the main sprinkler line. I can't remember if it was a cracked valve or what but they finally got down to the root of the leak. They ended up having to dig deeper to find it.

If if you said it filled back up after running your sprinklers then I think the irrigation people may need to do a bit more digging cause that sounds like a sprinkler issue in my mind. Good luck and hope it gets resolved!!

I do recall them saying that sometimes those parts go bad off of the main line so he ended up putting one of those green canisters with a lid around it so in the future if it goes bad again there's access to it and you can see it fill with water. Not sure if any of this will help but thought I'd throw it out there for you!

Thanks,
D

Thanks Texas Dobie...I'm afraid we are going to be digging around to find the issue for sure. Not what I wanted after spending so much on new sod and with the forecasted rains this will be another big mess...

Cliff,
Some questions for you on the water hole...
1. Where is your main sprinkler box located in your yard? Is it near that area?
2. Are your sprinklers running off of your septic tank?

I'm not an irrigation expert by all means but we a similar issue...
We had a constant wet spot in our front yard and our sprinkler guys came out multiple times and said they didn't see a leak where I was concerned but the area stayed soggy. So I didn't water that area for two weeks and it was still soggy. I pulled up the sod and dug a little bit and saw water still filling the area. So they came back out again and there was some sort of issue not far from the main box with the main sprinkler line. I can't remember if it was a cracked valve or what but they finally got down to the root of the leak. They ended up having to dig deeper to find it.

If if you said it filled back up after running your sprinklers then I think the irrigation people may need to do a bit more digging cause that sounds like a sprinkler issue in my mind. Good luck and hope it gets resolved!!

I do recall them saying that sometimes those parts go bad off of the main line so he ended up putting one of those green canisters with a lid around it so in the future if it goes bad again there's access to it and you can see it fill with water. Not sure if any of this will help but thought I'd throw it out there for you!

Thanks,
D

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So as pooldv suggested I tested the water hole water and there is trace pH but no chlorine and no CYA...

I then tested my pool water and here are the results...
FC 9.5 I added a little extra bleach last night so I can hold above 4/5 for the next couple of days with the rains coming
CC 0
pH 7.5
TA 70
CH 350
CYA 70
CSI -0.18
Temp 86

Im not sure how they are going to do it but since I have eliminated pool water from the equation its all on him as far as I'm concerned. Hopefully there won't be an issue and he will do the right thing...

Sooooo...we turned off the water to the irrigation lines and the water in the hole has not subsided :(

I did some research on my area and some folks that have large property have provided insight. It seems that this area has issues with the black clay dirt retaining water and the primary solution is to install drains :( $$$

I may have to un-retire just to keep up with this...oh well lets see if the builder will assist...ha ha ha ha

We shall see this evening. I have kept them out of the pool for a few days. When she asks to go in I ask are you going to stop letting the water in your mouth she says no. Well yesterday she said "I not drink the water, don't let the water in mouth" so I said we will swim on Friday :)

Actually she did awesome keeping the water out...BUT...her over confidence had to be checked. This little one wants to jump in and swim under water and she doesn't care if your ready or not. I had to put her in time out twice! All in all she is learning and I/we will impose boundaries!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.