Northlake, TX New Pool Build

Yard Update:

I think I have a temporary fix on my water hole issues. I treated it like a big pimple :) I dug a trench from the hole about 10-15 feet long, then I replaced the dirt but not all of it and loosens up the soil in the trench. I then replaced the sod on top and we will see how it works. My thought (thinking outside the box) is that the soil was so compact I wanted to relieve the pressure...not sure if it will work but the ground is drying out on the surface and thats a good sign so far! Bad news is we have rains expected for 5 of the next 7 days at 60-80 % chance.

Here are before and after shots:
IMG_3624.jpg
IMG_3626.jpg

I also finished my landscaping for this year...
IMG_3627.jpg
IMG_3628.jpg
IMG_3629.jpg

I'm sorry Kimber1 but remember everything happens for a reason. Not what you want to hear and this is Texas so just because they say it will rain doesn't mean it will or be as much rain...hang in there.

About at my final steps...

SWG goes on this afternoon :)
Sealing all the stone and coping :)
Sealing the patio :)

Hello all...we just had the SWG turned on and I tested today.
FC 7
CC .5
pH 8.2
TA 70
CH 350
CYA 70
Salt 3100
Temp 92
CSI 0.4

Numbers are all good except I have concern with CSI or maybe I should have no concerns???

Hello all...we just had the SWG turned on and I tested today.
FC 7
CC .5
pH 8.2
TA 70
CH 350
CYA 70
Salt 3100
Temp 92
CSI 0.4

Numbers are all good except I have concern with CSI or maybe I should have no concerns???

I would try to keep the ph to 7.5 otherwise the numbers look good[emoji2]

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Kim I just tested my water since earlier I had added MA due to high pH. Now I am happy happy happy! My CSI came down to -0.27 :whip:

Just a few questions as I am adjusting to the SWG:

1 What is the optimum salt level? My SWG range is 2700-3400 and currently reads 3100...

2 Pool Math says minimum FC is 5 with target of 8-10 for SWG and plaster but Pool School Water Balance for SWG says 4-6 ppm and Chlorine/CYA chart says target 5 with my CYA at 70???

Just a little confused here....

Anywhere in there is fine. I try to keep my salt on the higher end of the range because it typically drops over time with rain. I would aim for 3200-3300, figure out how many ppm a 40lb bag add and when it drops that much add another bag. I usually keep 1 or 2 bags around.

You'll do better with CYA at 80. With CYA at 80 I keep my FC at 8-9. Target is 6 so I keep mine above 6 at all times. A jug of bleach adds 4 ppm to my pool and I'll add a jug before an all day swim day with extra people over to bump it up to 12ish. We're in the woods and have quite as few varmints and critters at the pool. I don't like to take any chances with getting anywhere close to minimum.

Anywhere in there is fine. I try to keep my salt on the higher end of the range because it typically drops over time with rain. I would aim for 3200-3300, figure out how many ppm a 40lb bag add and when it drops that much add another bag. I usually keep 1 or 2 bags around.

You'll do better with CYA at 80. With CYA at 80 I keep my FC at 8-9. Target is 6 so I keep mine above 6 at all times. A jug of bleach adds 4 ppm to my pool and I'll add a jug before an all day swim day with extra people over to bump it up to 12ish. We're in the woods and have quite as few varmints and critters at the pool. I don't like to take any chances with getting anywhere close to minimum.

I also keep my cya at 80 and Fc around 10 and my salt at 3100-3200. I like that extra buffer as we have been having lots of rain.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.