Northern NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
I took advantage of 65 degree sunny weather in the NYC area and took a look at the water level in my closed pool. As I though, with the warm wet winter we have had so far, the water is almost up to the tile line. It had been drained a good 9” below the tile line.

I managed to drop my submersible pump onto a ledge in between the spa wall and pool cover and it is now draining.

If you are in the Northeast I suggest you take advantage of this great weather and check the water level under your pool cover.

Reactions: YippeeSkippy
I did the same yesterday here in Ohio. I drained about four inches. Here are some before and after pictures. My PB closed my pool in Mid November by draining just to the bottom of the skimmer.

Attachments

• 31731B7F-871F-4C1D-AA9F-B95FE47DBB50.jpeg
    31731B7F-871F-4C1D-AA9F-B95FE47DBB50.jpeg
    482.2 KB · Views: 20
  • A92B92F0-3B8C-42A8-B113-6B0B02A80575.jpeg
    A92B92F0-3B8C-42A8-B113-6B0B02A80575.jpeg
    775 KB · Views: 21
I did mine a couple weekends ago when 43 seemed warm. Glad you guys got to do it even warmer. I saw 68 degrees for a couple hours.

We got to 70 degrees yesterday here in Pittsburgh. Broke a 130 year record for this date.

I just did mine again a week ago. Yesterday I added chlorine cause I’m paranoid as many here know. Using the pump and a short cut hose at the other end to whip around on the bottom works well. 60’s this week! Hopefully can get open April 1st again. It’s almost over. Not a piece of ice this winter so far in the pool.

In the mid 50’s today here in southwest Ohio. It has rained six straight Saturday’s. Went ahead and drained two inches out the pool. They are calling more rain showers toward the end of the week. Pool water temperature was 41.

To keep the water off of the waterline tile so freezing doesn't attempt to pop the tiles off. It also keeps water out of the skimmers. Skimmers can crack when they freeze if the Gizmo's or antifreeze in them are missing or inadequate. Belt and suspenders for the skimmers. Tile issue for gunite pools and skimmer issue for all pools. Many people don't and have no problems. But it reduces risk. Problems due to freezing at the waterline/skimmers are somewhat common.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.