Newbie Looking for Advice

Latest results:
FC: 6.5 (looks very high, maybe because I've been running the pump for a long time while adding stuff and rot reducing the % the SWG is running (60%)?)
CC: .5
CYA: 30 (added 2lbs of CYA and will add another 1lb)
PH: 8.2 (not sure why this shot up, will add 1 qt of Muratic Acid 31.45% 20% Baune)
TA: 140
CH: 300
Salt: 3,300 (added 160 lbs of salt)
Any suggestions?

Reactions: splashpad
Latest results:
FC: 6.5 (looks very high, maybe because I've been running the pump for a long time while adding stuff and rot reducing the % the SWG is running (60%)?)
This is from the FAS-DPD test, correct? (not the yellow/orange OTO)
CC: .5
CYA: 30 (added 2lbs of CYA and will add another 1lb)
PH: 8.2 (not sure why this shot up, will add 1 qt of Muratic Acid 31.45% 20% Baune)
TA: 140
CH: 300
Salt: 3,300 (added 160 lbs of salt)
Any suggestions?
If the SWCG starts operating, the PH will climb with the higher TA. I would focus on slowly lowering your TA via Muriatic Acid doses that lower your PH (aim for 7.4 to not overshoot, low PH is bad for vinyl). You can speed up the process if you can create aeration :)
Your calcium is at the top for vinyl pools, I would make sure to not add any forms of CAL- to your pool water.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You can add a bit of CYA over the next month if you like. But do not mess with the pH until it gets to 8. Then lower it to 7.6. That rise will be fairly quick until your TA comes down some.

The IC40 Salinity reading is fine. But, in your area, I would suggest getting the Taylor K1766 salinity test at some point. You get rain, and thus your pool may overflow and you will need to add salt. It is never good to rely on the SWCG reading for how much salt to add.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.