Newbie from the New Forest National Park, UK

NewForestK9Hydrotherapy

In The Industry
Jan 1, 2020
Wiltshire UK
Hi All,
I've got a 5m x 3m canine hydrotherapy pool in the UK. I opened in March 2019. A fellow hydrotherapist recommended your site on one of the hydrotherapy forums. Recently I seem to having an issue keeping the FC stable, it's dropping overnight. Water quality is lovely and clear, no cloudiness. I'll have a quick look at the docs on here and see if I can get to the bottom on it.

I've attached a few pics of my shiny new pool and a recent one!

Thanks.
Debs.

Attachments

• Pool photos2.jpg
    Pool photos2.jpg
    225 KB · Views: 8
  • Pool photos4.jpg
    Pool photos4.jpg
    247.4 KB · Views: 8
  • Puppy3.jpg
    Puppy3.jpg
    398.9 KB · Views: 8
Welcome to the forum!
How are you testing your water chemistry? Can you post test results?
If the FC is dropping overnight, you have algae. May not be visible, but the only thing that consume FC at night is organics.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

I see now this pool is indoors. So you should have little FC loss other than due to the loading from the animals, which may be fairly high.

How do you chlorinate?

What a nice set up you have made for the dogs. I wish I could bring my pup there.

What is your daily dog visit count? Do you test the water often during the day? How often do you change the water? Is it heated?

We need to know your levels:
FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA

While it *could* be algae, I wonder if it also could just be contaminates off the dogs that taint the water?

Maddie :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.