New Vinyl Liner Double Roman in the Lehigh Valley, PA Area

I’m sure your local guys know what happens in your area and i see lots of them done here that didn’t wait like I was advised to. If you think it over, they get bad reviews and call backs when things go bad so they would want to avoid both. (In theory)

And even being in an area with problems, they were only talking about 1 out of 5 or 10 that had problems, which was still to much for my local guys to risk.

They added columns (from cinder blocks and some type of tubes), but not sure if that is par for the course or not.

Watching this build (even from just cameras, lol) has really been interesting and a learning experience!

They added columns (from cinder blocks and some type of tubes), but not sure if that is par for the course or not

So yeah, It should be fine. The tubes are cardboard forms just to hold the cement column while it dries. They are usually used for regular wood deck support to anchor them below the frost line and prevent heaving/buckling in the cold. In your case they will provide structural support for the patio. Imagine a table where the tabletop is your patio. Sounds like they know what they are doing.

We priced out concrete both plain and stamped because it was supposedly cheaper than a paver stone patio. It was the same amount, almost to the penny. So we went with flagstone which was a few dollars a foot cheaper than traditional pavers. I’m guessing the savings comes from it being a softer stone and easier to produce/install. It also breaks down and wears faster which It seems gets blamed on the pool and/or SWG a lot.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Stamped didn’t add much and I think mine was quoted around 16/ft for concrete or pavers. The flagstone was about 12.

Wow, that's great! I guess I should have looked into it more (re: flagstone) to mix it up. We have roughly 900 sq ft total now (yikes!) So it would have been about 4k more for stamped.

It will look great either way while it’s new/newish. 20 years from now we figured we would only have to redo the patio if we grew tired of whatever we chose. Lumping the whole build together from scratch kinda dictated our options for us.

And very few people have ever cared. Visitors are too busy either swimming or having a grand old time hanging out at the table laughing and eating.

Reactions: l1ltaral1l
We also weighed the option of saving for a few years to allow more of a project but my kids were about the age of your kids so it was 4 years of amazing times lost to planning. We went as big and cool as we could and gladly accepted the trade off.

Reactions: l1ltaral1l
We had priced out 18X36 everywhere just because it was considered standard. On a whim I asked how much the 20x40 was going to cost and to my GREAT suprise it was $500 more in concrete and everything else cost the same. We got a rectangle like yours and i imagine a curved liner would have been another extra charge but that $500 was the best $500 i ever spent.

What I figured out too late was the extra $6k it took to put a patio around the bigger pool. That hurt. A lot. But 7 years later I forget more and more of that pain everyday.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.