New to testing, new to Taylor K-2006

OK -- tonight, add a gallon of 10%. Let the pump run for 45 minutes or so, and test the FC. Record that. In the morning, before the sun hits the pool surface, take a sample and test the FC. See what FC drop you get over night. That is what is called a Overnight Chlorine Loss Test

Reactions: Ericinphoenix
That is not even as much as a gallon of 10% will add to the pool. I wonder if this chlorine is weak.

If possible, add another gallon if you have it. Let pump run another 45 minutes (brushing really helps) and test again.

So, after adding another gallon last night, my predawn test shows 6ppm. Does this sound good? Also, i am leaving for a few days. Should i let the pool be, or leave a floater with some tablets inside?

Did you test again last night after adding the chlorine?
All you can do is use a few tablets in a floater if going away.
That is when a SWCG is so much better to have.

OK -- the 'about' is not great when it comes to testing. But sounds like you did not lose any overnight. But there is no way that chlorine is full strength as each gallon should add just over 4 ppm FC. And it does not sound like it is.

Plan to locate HASA next week. This was from Home Depot. Never handled the stuff before, expected to be a strong aroma. But upon opening each bottle, there was barely anything to smell.

Hello. So after being gone for a few days, and leaving a few tabs in a floater, i find the pool looking okay, but in need of brushing. I do the brushing, add 10% Home Depot liq chlorine, and run the pump for an hour. Then i test. It's at 3ppm. Does this still look like a case of weak chlorine, or am i overlooking something or doing something else wrong?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
here are a couple pics. Water just isn’t as clear as I’d hoped. What am I doing wrong? Or is it a question of time?

Attachments

• 87086250-44B2-4C0D-A833-D1768518D400.jpeg
    87086250-44B2-4C0D-A833-D1768518D400.jpeg
    170.4 KB · Views: 11
  • D26D04E5-470D-4E56-8BDC-82B00FD190D3.jpeg
    D26D04E5-470D-4E56-8BDC-82B00FD190D3.jpeg
    198.4 KB · Views: 11
I agree.

It may be time to just follow the SLAM Process. With a CYA of 40 ppm raise the FC to 16 ppm. Test FC several times per day and raise the FC back to 16 ppm. Brush daily. See if that clears it up.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.