New to pools, new to TFP

iCrop

Aug 30, 2022
Tucson AZ
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-20
Hi, Mike here. Just bought a house, outside Tucson AZ, with a pool. This is my first house with a pool and I find I'm in over my head trying to learn about caring for it. I'll be looking for lots of tips because at this point things aren't going well... Thanks in advance for your support.

Reactions: Newdude
Hey iCrop and Welcome !!!!

There are a bunch of subforums with folks who are great at those areas hanging out in them. Fire away with anything you need.

Welcome, @iCrop ! :smile: As @mknauss points out, Pool Care Basics gets you started. Pay particular attention to the section on Test Kits.

Doing your own water testing with a quality, reliable, drop-based test kit is paramount to successful owner maintenance. Two test kits recognized by the Forum that are capable of producing proper results are TFTestkits TF-100 (or TF-Pro) and the Taylor K-2006 (available online). The Taylor comes in the K-2006-C version, which has 2 oz reagents and is a better option of providing a higher number of tests than the regular (.75 oz) version.

Rest assured, TFPC methods work. This is my 3rd full year after nearly 40 years of yo-yo-ing from the bad advice of "Industry Standard" practices and I have not looked back. You can do it!
:lovetfp:

Enjoy!