New SWG troubles

STome

Jun 11, 2023
Acushnet, ma
Hi all
Just installed a new circupool RJ-45 to my inground 22000 gallon pool the other day.
Noticed a few issues.
One I made the cardinal sin and dumped too much salt, reading 4500-5000 ppm.
Dumped some water and replaced, will check tomorrow.
Noticed lots of foaming only when the SWG runs. Found our wife dumped some algaecide in this past week. I believe that may be the cause.
What I am stumped on now however is these tiny white pebbles and what appears to be shells on the bottom.of the pool?
Could the salt have some of these lil guys in there? I don't think it's the sand filter which I replaced 2 years ago.

Some of my readings
FC 2
CC 0
CYA 0 (have sock hanging now)
PH 7.2
TA 60
CH 30 (vinyl pool) going to try and bump up to circupool recommendation

Pool water is not completely clear, lots of pollin and dead algae I'm chasing.
The shells or whatever they are is bugging pool robot picked up quite a bit and I can still see some in different areas of the pool.

S,

I suspect the 'pebbles," or whatever they are, came with the salt.

Keep in mind that a SWCG will never be able to make more chlorine than your algae can eat.

If you have algae, you need to SLAM your pool.

Thanks,

Jim R.

What CYA level were you dosing for?
Your should be dosing chlorine as if the CYA added already registers.
This applies to both SLAM lefels and daily target levels.

If you added enough CYA to get to CYA 40, your SLAM Process level is FC 16
FC/CYA Levels

SWG should be off during a SLAM.

The salt I get from HD or Lowe's comes with those bonus pebbles. I have taken to loading the salt into a 5 gal bucket, suspending the bucket in the pool, and sticking the end of my cover pump hose down to the bottom of the salt. I drop the pump in the pool and fire it up. In 2 hours the salt is dissolved and all the pebbles are left in the bucket.

Thanks MITBeta, I will try that when I need to add more salt.
Also great news with the advice here I successfully slam the pool, and have been enjoying some stables numbers and clear pool for the past week. Now just need some nicer weather in the east coast.
Thanks again!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.