New Pool

Hi Bill and welcome to TFP! Nice to see FLORIDA in the house!!

Sorry to hear you are having some problems with your pool. We can help you with most of them!

Sounds like the pH is a major concern along with the build up. Lets get you started up in this area: Testing and Balancing Your Water

Be prepared the first question you will be asked is how you are testing the water. Here at TFP we believe in doing our own testing with a good test kit. Here is a link to show the ones we feel are the best: Test Kits Compared

I look forward to helping you with your pool!

Kim:kim:

Appreciate the support and welcome! Sorry, left the forum Friday and just getting back. We have a salt system: Hayward Aquarite 900 w/TCELL-925. Installer left bottles of test strips for free chlorine and salt... he informed weekly check was sufficient... told him about the bathtub ring on the water line tile and the submerged surface grit... he told me to brush the pool weekly... Tested weekly, not so routine for the brushing.

You need a proper test kit, see Test Kits Compared. I suggest the TF100. A proper test kit is needed to get the accurate water chemistry results needed to follow the TFP protocols.

Test strips are not a viable method of testing water chemistry.

Please see Post #3 above and start a thread in the appropriate sub forum.