New pool/spa build in North Texas Updated: PICS

Ouch on the drain and redo on the acid wash. They probably filled it thinking that you would be so glad that it was filled that you would not make them drain and redo. Or I bet they were hoping anyway. On the overflow, I would see what the PB says. I am not sure that I would go through the trouble to insist that it be redone based upon what you have said. But it all depends on if you can life with it. But I will say that this has caused me to think twice about our negative edge. They did do some special procedures for it. They formed it up to a point. Then the last 4-6 inches they did by hand and I know that they redid one side. But now I am going to be holding my breath when we push water over the edge for the first time. Great now you are giving me new nightmares to wake up to at night. Thanks! Ha! On a serious note, I am telling you if we had to drain and redo the acid wash, I would be pulling my hair out. So sorry. Hang in there. It is so beautiful. Just keep remembering that. It may not seem worth it, but just continue taking one step at a time and sometime before 2015 (he he he) it will all be over.

Had a meeting this am with the pool builder.

The conversation went very well. He was adamant in letting me know that every single one of my concerns would be addressed until I was 100% satisfied. This speaks volumes about his integrity, considering he has 100% of the contract value. Even though this builder was pricier than all the other bids, I am still very happy I chose them. Despite losing my cool a couple of times now, the owner has always kept a level head.

Pool is being drained and acid washed now, and should be getting refilled today. Pool builder has informed me he will be covering the cost of the water and apologized for the issue.

readyforapool,

Im very interested in your final review of your builder. My neighbor is building with them now. It did not get off to a good start as they ran the excavator over their driveway and covered it with clay. The driveway is a really nice stamped concrete. I know they were very upset with this and the huge mess they made.

py8amebe.jpg

vepujaja.jpg

Water features are live

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
a2epa9e4.jpg

So far I am pretty impressed with the pentair setup. The screenlogic software and easy touch 8 are highly intuitive when used with an intelliflo pump

The above pic shows how I have speeds set for different features.

Currently, I run the pool at 1500 rpm for about 8 hours for filtering. I have another feature assigned to ramp the pump speed up to 2800 rpm for 3 out of 8 of these hours for in floor cleaning.

KenGood said:
Thank you so much for posting a picture of the screen logic software. Have you set up the iPhone or iPad app yet? Any insights?

The iPhone app is nice as well, I was particularly impressed with how fast the connection is made, whether it be local or remote - it's near instant.

Further, when a command is input, the response is immediate. My neighbors jandy setup takes almost 30-40 seconds to respond to a command, so the Pentair setup is superior, in my opinion

The iPhone app does not have the same level of configuration options that the desktop app does. All of the scheduling and setup will need to be performed on the desktop version

The intellichem and intellichlor integration is also very cool. I will definitely be adding an intellichem in spring to work with the acid feeder

Currently working through some issues. There is an air leak in the suction side. I suspect it to be in the jandy valve on the main drain - should be an easy fix.

Pool builder is coming out Monday to discuss some repairs to glass tile in some areas and re-leveling the spillway. I imagine this will be completed next week.

Other than that, just keeping an eye on the water chemistry while the plaster cures

When in pool mode (sucking from pool drain and returning to pool), I noticed tiny air bubbles entering the pump.

When I switched to spa mode, the bubbles went away. This rules out the air leak coming from the spa suction, the actuator valve, or the pump.

And finally, there were quite a few bubbles being ejected through the return lines.

Based on my research, there's a 95% chance the air leak is occurring through the jandy valve on the pool drain. The other 5% chance is that it could be on the suction pipe somewhere between the pump and pool.

Fingers crossed it's just an O ring seal issue in the valve

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.