New pool/spa build in North Texas Updated: PICS

ymyby6u7.jpg

8ujevuve.jpg

uqyba7em.jpg

Currently rain and ice storms in north Texas. Some work was completed this morning before the storms rolled in.

Firepit was completed and kitchen appliances installed

Finally got the firepit tested this weekend. A couple of observations.

When I turn the key to turn the gas on, I notice a faint sound of gas flowing. I wouldnt call it is hissing sound, more like the sound of gas/air moving. Not sure if this is the norm, because my gas fireplaces do not make any noise when gas is turned on.

Second, the flames are not visible at all during the day and at night they are mostly blue. I was assuming the flames would be more yellow, so I'm wondering if something was messed up during installation.

Does anyone have any experience with Firepits or know how to correct these issues?

Was the abalone shell an expensive upgrade? We are getting close to our finish and we are wanting stonescapes tahoe blue mini pebble. I wonder how the abalone shell would look in that?
BTW your pool setup rocks!

This whole project is amazing! I'd never go inside...

I am pretty sure a blue flame is better. 1) blue is hotter than red/yellow 2) I think a red/yellow flame occurs on a grill when there is less air available, or some sort of blockage. Since your grill is new it should be producing a nice blue flame!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi
Gas pit. If the fire was inside and the flames were yellow then it would be dangerous. Blue is good long flame and yellow bad. When you here the noise of the gas this is usually normal for when the gas is restricted or under pressure a noise produced, but I would get the pipe checked in case of a leak. Better safe than sorry.

jamcha02 said:
Finally got the firepit tested this weekend. A couple of observations.

When I turn the key to turn the gas on, I notice a faint sound of gas flowing. I wouldnt call it is hissing sound, more like the sound of gas/air moving. Not sure if this is the norm, because my gas fireplaces do not make any noise when gas is turned on.

Second, the flames are not visible at all during the day and at night they are mostly blue. I was assuming the flames would be more yellow, so I'm wondering if something was messed up during installation.

Does anyone have any experience with Firepits or know how to correct these issues?
Mine hisses when I turn it on as does my fire in the house. That's pretty normal to be able to hear the gas coming out.

Do you have any lava rock/glass in the fire pit yet? When mine was first put in, it burned almost completely blue, now it burns a bit more yellow:

be7y6y4u.jpg

4ugemydy.jpg

The stonescapes guys were some real pros. I've never seen a pebble surface applied this smooth and uniform.

They tell me it will look much better tomorrow when they return to acid wash the finish. It is supposed to expose a lot more pebble detail

y5edare8.jpg

Here is a close up of the finish, which shows the sparkle of the abalone shell. This will look even better tomorrow.

The cleaning heads blend extremely well, almost invisible.

The holes in the top of the head are the Venturi enhancements - latest and greatest tech. Very interested to see how they work!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.