New Pool - Southern New Jersey

Finishing tile work today! Gas on Wednesday, fence next week, and deck next week. Won't do plaster until fence is in place because then it's time for water.

0c35956caafc1fe9a8feca60e48bb38b.jpg

0af347da77e56609cf8db1d077af6b09.jpg
0cc16d8a1a0086489e2cb69020482a14.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! We are happy with how everything is turning out. And, we had to add our names to the decking for posterity. Besides the electrical stuff, it has all gone relatively easy and according to the plan. We did go over on our decking by a couple hundred dollars (50 square feet), but the natural gas ended up being less so that evened out.

So, we have fence hopefully getting installed tomorrow. And, plaster for late next week if everything goes according to plan. It is getting close to the end!

So now is the time I get to help you out for the future!

I see you have a Taylor k2006! Well done! Have you tested your fill water yet? Don't bother testing for CYA as that has to be added.

Here is a link to how TFP does plaster start up. Make sure to run it by your PB as he is the one holding the warranty card. Please note the 30 days no swimming depends on what start up is used. Let us know how he plans on doing it and ask HIM when you can swim.

Pool School - Start-up New Plaster

Now here is a set of links I put together for new pool owners. It is a LOT of info. so take it a bite at a time. It will start to make sense when you start using it:

Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

http://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Make sure to ask any and all questions you might have no matter how small! We have all been where you are at one point.

Now my next "you need to be there" time..........do your best to have someone there when the plaster truck rolls up. You need to make sure they have the correct color/kind of plaster and any extras you asked for. We have seen cases where trucks got mixed up and sent to the wrong house :shock: One got as far as installing it and it had to be chipped out and redone :(

:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
IT IS TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Do your best to be there when the truck pulls up to check your color. Sure would hate for you to get a different color. We had one last year that had to be chipped out due to wrong color and NONE of the extras (beads and shells). Two others caught the wrong color on the truck :shock: on all of them they sent the trucks to the wrong house!

:kim:

Plaster is done and water has been going in for over 24 hours. Pool company is coming out Monday to do chemicals and walk-through. All that remains is diving board, saltwater generator, blower for spa, and programming of the remote. Can't wait for this to be all wrapped up and be swimming!

Gorgeous! And perfect time to seed or sod and landscape as well.

Have you ordered your winter cover? That will be a big one with lots of special considerations, steps, inside corners. I'd recommend Merlin Smartmesh or Loop-Loc mesh variety. Closing around Nov. 1 this year will work (aside from having to fish out leaves - good test for cleaner) since it will allow you to get past the initial startup process and then shut her down. Hope its a short winter for your sake!

No, I haven't ordered the winter cover yet. Am debating going temporary this year and looking at a permanent one for next year. I like the clean look of the fitted ones. I did start getting quotes, but it's looking like $4k and up.

We figure we can open up late April / early May and get some use out of the spa until the weather really warms up. Only problem is pollen around here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.