New pool owner w/ Uneven Pool

Javi889

Jun 30, 2022
scranton PA
Hello everyone,

We just bought our house a month ago. Our pool seems to be un even one on side it's a vinyl pool about 18x36 looking to get this fix does anyone have some info on what the first might bePXL_20220609_143529398.PORTRAIT.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you get inspection done for pool before your bought the house ? from the pics it looks like few inches difference which is pretty bad. It looks like you whole patio and pool is pitched down.

I'm certainly no expert but I would think you'd probably have to engage some sort of professional engineer to see why it's sinking on that side. Any remediation would have to take that into account to prevent it from sinking more. Does not look fun to deal with :(

If there's no cracks on the deck or in the pool area I doubt that can settle so perfectly. To me that is the way the install was done from the get go. Who knows if original owner got back $$$ from the pool builder and just lived with it. Looks way to perfect for sinking.

Reactions: Newdude
If there's no cracks on the deck or in the pool area I doubt that can settle so perfectly. To me that is the way the install was done from the get go. Who knows if original owner got back $$$ from the pool builder and just lived with it. Looks way to perfect for sinking.
Good point. Maybe it was intentional to help with rain runoff? Seems a very odd way to do it.

i was thinking the same thing, that's makes total sense . looks too prefect , probably the reason why they didn't put another skimmer on other side. Looks like backyard is on hill, so instead of building proper retaining wall and doing a leveled patio/pool they went with cheaper route and did it uneven.

Or builder fooled them not wanting to build a wall and then put some cash back in to their pocket. I also can't think of another pool that has the skimmer all the way in the corner so someone knew about this during the build. In hind sight this pool has a very special gradual sloped shallow aka multi depth shallow :laughblue:

• Haha
Reactions: SunnyP2000

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
How much out of level is the top coping from all 4 corners. If your panels are metal like mine, there's no moving them. They should be bolted down to a perimeter concrete beam and the outsides will have angle braces embedded in concrete.

To level the top
1. drain water
2. pull liner
3. remove coping
4. level off top of metal walls going upward by bolting/screwing on same material as walls.
5. reinstall coping
6. add mortar to bottom of pool to add the difference you brought the top up with.
7. reinstall liner.

Attachments

• IMG_20200517_112026.jpg
    IMG_20200517_112026.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20200606_095513.jpg
    IMG_20200606_095513.jpg
    794.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20200614_135953.jpg
    IMG_20200614_135953.jpg
    718 KB · Views: 9
There has to have been good reason for it possibly they hit solid rock and had no choice.... because to get the two parallel sides having the same slope that doesn't just happen by mistake guys.
I think the OP stated that only one side is uneven, but that makes no sense because looking at the picture, that would mean that the side with the steps would also have to be uneven.

Can you ask the previous owners about it? That looks pretty new so unless the people who owned the home before you weren’t in it long they probably built it.

Most pools here in the hill country has to bust out rock to do anything with their land. I hired a septic company to bust out and haul away close to 130 yards of rock from my back yard.
There has to have been good reason for it possibly they hit solid rock and had no choice.... because to get the two parallel sides having the same slope that doesn't just happen by mistake guys.

Attachments

• IMG_20200510_110708.jpg
    IMG_20200510_110708.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
On the OP's pool you would leave the stair's and that entire end alone. On the remaining three sides do a deep saw cut a foot away from the edge, carefully remove the concrete without doing any damage to the coping ( but coping is readily available cheap). Unbolt the coping from the top of the pool wall and it's all downhill after that. Repour the concrete to match the new height with the existing. Not really that difficult of a job.

Reactions: IceShadow
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.