New pool owner - ?s about weekly maintenance

Oct 3, 2018
severna park, md
I had my pool installed last summer and the pool company told me to do the following 1x a week:
2 oz algaecide
2 oz stain and scale preventer
run boost of the SWG

When reading the pool school info on here I didn't see anything about doing those steps? Are they necessary?

Also on my SWG it says to inspect the cells monthly for build-up, what would that look like and how would I clean it?

Thanks

No, they are not necessary. The only one that might be is the stain prevention IF you have iron in your fill water. Do you?

Your single test you show on your Poolmath logs, is that the only test you have done?
You should be testing FC each day to be sure you are staying in the target range for your CYA - see FC/CYA Levels
Then test TA and pH every week. CH and CYA every month.

Also, if you keep your pH, TA, and CH in the recommended ranges you will not get scale buildup in your SWCG and there should be no reason to inspect it.

Also, if you keep your pH, TA, and CH in the recommended ranges you will not get scale buildup in your SWCG and there should be no reason to inspect it.
I inherited my SWG and perhaps this guy didn't have his numbers in the recommended ranges. So if you were to inspect the SWCG, how do you go about that? What do you look for and how is it cleaned if needed?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.