New Pool Owner looking for feedback on levels

MIPoolGuy

May 19, 2021
Farmington Hills, MI
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Hi everyone -

Here are readings from the local pool store test. First test is from opening, second test done today after making corrections after opening. They did take me through the nophos routine, as I found TFP after my first visit to the store. I walked out of there today with nothing! I'm thinking a little Muriatic acid to bring down the alkalinity, and perhaps another gallon of chlorine to bring up the FC. Any thoughts?

screenshot-lesliespool.com-2021.05.26-16_33_33.png

Welcome to TFP. Most important right now is to raise your FC, Free Chlorine levels. Add 5ppm per day of FC with liquid chlorine. Check large hardware stores for liquid chlorine sometime labeled "Shock", HDX label at Home Depot.
Next step is get your own proper test kit ASAP... Test Kits Compared
Without the proper tools everything you do will be based upon assumed water quality information, think wasted time and $. Don't trust "free" pool store test with your investment, enjoyment and health.
How does your water look? Any recent issues with your pool system? Are you using Pool Math? PoolMath There is also a phone app available.
Lots of good people here willing to help out if you have any questions. Check this out.... ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Reactions: Newdude and mknauss
Welcome to TFP. Most important right now is to raise your FC, Free Chlorine levels. Add 5ppm per day of FC with liquid chlorine. Check large hardware stores for liquid chlorine sometime labeled "Shock", HDX label at Home Depot.
Next step is get your own proper test kit ASAP... Test Kits Compared
Without the proper tools everything you do will be based upon assumed water quality information, think wasted time and $. Don't trust "free" pool store test with your investment, enjoyment and health.
How does your water look? Any recent issues with your pool system? Are you using Pool Math? PoolMath There is also a phone app available.
Lots of good people here willing to help out if you have any questions. Check this out.... ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Thanks much @Oly ! I am using the PoolMath app, and will be ordering the test kit today. The water looks pretty clear. I can see the drain and the floor in the deep end, but I am sure it can and will get clearer. The equipment also seems to be running well.

Will work on adding the liquid chlorine daily to raise levels. Once I get my kit, I will post updated results...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.