I went to the pool store today..on purpose!

kjdiver

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 23, 2009
Virginia
Muriatic Acid is hard to find this year In my area. I can drive to a lowes 10 miles away but then I remembered there Is a pool store .25 miles from my house. It’s in a plaza with Chik filet so Sunday is a good day to go. $12 a gallon, but so close to my house, Lowes is $20 for two gallons.

chatted a bit when paying with the owner, pretty sure he was curious why I was buying 2 gallons of MA and not asking for any pool advice. Explained I have a Swg and my PH tends to rise with a plaster pool.

The best part is he gave me a free half gallon of MA because he didn’t have a use for it…they are also a service company…lol.

I actually very much appreciate my local pool store, they’ve hooked me up several times with random parts, especially when I tried to maintain a polaris cleaner.

Also though, seeing all the random bottles of water lined up for testing reminded me the reason I found this website the day after I first visited there!

EDIT: walked out of the pool store paying $24 + tax and even got a fist bump from the owner....Thank you TFP!

Last edited:
KJdiver,

I also go into Pool Stores intentionally. My pool warranty requires I get my water tested monthly by a Pool Store. I think it is silly that my pool manufacturer requires this since they do not require you to show that you took their advice nor whether you followed any of their recommendations. So basically, I go into the Pool Store with my bottle of pool water. Get it tested and put the printed results in a folder.

It is interesting that Pinch-a-Penny pool stores in my area actually use Taylor chemicals to do their water tests. However that is where the similarities end. It completely depends on who is testing on what results they get. The simple fact is that you care more about your pool than anyone else. That is why it is imperative that you learn how to test correctly and trust your testing results.

Reactions: kjdiver and Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.