New pool, new owner, always having issues...

Keep the FC free and clear from minimum and with clear water, it won't get any worse while you enjoy the use for the weekend.

It might even pass the OCLT.

Reactions: Rancho Cost-a-Lotta
Keep in mind, with no measurable CYA in the pool, the chlorine may feel harsh. While people are using the pool, keep FC in 3-5 range. CYA won't hurt anyone if you want to give everybody a sock and have them do some squeezing. It may dry the hands a bit, but will dissolve quicker.

Reactions: newdude
Keep in mind, with no measurable CYA in the pool, the chlorine may feel harsh. While people are using the pool, keep FC in 3-5 range. CYA won't hurt anyone if you want to give everybody a sock and have them do some squeezing. It may dry the hands a bit, but will dissolve quicker.
So I can do CYA while pool is in use?

Nice, so then I'll do 6lbs of CYA and a little under a gallon of bleach which should get me to 30ppm and 3ppm, verify with a test tonight, shut off the SWG, filter overnight and retest first thing.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I dumped in 1 gallon of bleach and 6 lb of CYA.
Waited about a half an hour turned off the saltwater generator pumps at 100%.
FC 7.5
CC .5 or less because 1 drop cleared it up quick.
CYA less than 30 but most of it hasn't dissolved yet but not zero anymore, maybe like 15.

Report back in the AM.

Reactions: Rancho Cost-a-Lotta
There's more. Check behind skimmer doors, light niches, steps, skimmer, under ladders etc.

Slam-on!

At slam level, FC will burn off faster, especially during the daylight hours. Stay on top of testing and maintain FC at slam level.

Looks normal:

1716734791821.png

1716734823763.png

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support