Atlanta
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Hey guys as stated joined this site because of a great friend recommendation. Was working today and needed a sample haven't got kit yet ans sent my wife. She is on way home with 600lbs of salt lol. Here are readings:

Free Chlorine 0.12
Total Chlorine 0.12
P.H 8.1
Total Alkalinity 97
Cyanuric Acid. 97

Iron. 0.1
Phosphates. 233
Salt 0

I have iAqualink and full Jandy system and welcome all suggestions. Became a supporter with a month. I can see how this is an enjoyable career!

Unless this pool was just filled with distilled water, your salt is not 0. I would not add more than half of what they sent.

Other items need a proper test kit. IF, big IF, the CYA is even close to what they show, do not add any salt. You will need to drain 20-30% of your pool water and replace with fresh.

Add 5 ppm FC worth of liquid chlorine each evening to the pool with the pump running. When you get your kit, post the results here.

Reactions: BuffLosolja
We filled with water hose only 2.5 days and a Chlorine tab on both skimmers 2 weeks ago. Still learning iAqualink.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210519-173258_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210519-173258_Gallery.jpg
    319.1 KB · Views: 18
  • SmartSelect_20210519-182107_iAquaLink.jpg
    SmartSelect_20210519-182107_iAquaLink.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Buff,

I think you've got a typo in your first post. Your test results show Calcium Hardness (CH) 97 and Total Alkalinity (TA) 97. Cyanuric Acid (CYA) shows 28 ppm.

Still...don't trust the results. Wait on your test kit.

Best wishes!

Thanks guys about to order kit, do I need to set a percentage on my Aquapure? Also any testing kit preferences? I am currwnrly in analysis paralysis at the moment.. All pool guys in area are booked due to worker shortage. Just trying to ensure kids can start summer off having fun. And after 8 bags iAqualink salt reading.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20210519-213259_iAquaLink.jpg
    SmartSelect_20210519-213259_iAquaLink.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Thanks guys the TF-100 will work with SWG or do I need the TF-Pro? Thanks guys for all the help sorry for all questions trying to be well educated in which kit to get.

With half bags (8) we are at 3000 definitely didn't need all that was suggested thanks so much to everyone.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210520-084326_iAquaLink.jpg
    Screenshot_20210520-084326_iAquaLink.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 2

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks guys the TF-100 will work with SWG or do I need the TF-Pro
Hey Buff !! You will need to add the $30 (?) salt kit (k-1766) to the regular TF-100. Or just buy the pro with a cool case and the smartstir which is worth it’s weight in gold. Use it once and you’ll agree.
sorry for all questions trying to be well educated in which kit to get
Ask. Ask. Ask. Of anything you are unsure. We were ALL unsure of many things at first. We got you and have been in your shoes. If you ask, it saves the 2 or 3 other problems that arose from screwing up. We would SO much rather have only one problem to fix. Anywho, ask anytime. :)

@Newdude thanks so much for the welcome. I will buy pro then, lol my pool installer said if I keep learning would I be interested in setups for his customers lol. I actually enjoy learning pool info and this beats the office scene. Thanks so much!!

Reactions: Newdude
Going to hammer this thread more :)

1. How do I redeem my discount for being a supporter 🤔 on the TFP Kits. (Tried to search site for info, likely need to be on PC and not holding my phone)
2. Is there a default that I should set my aquapure on until kit arrives? It is currently set at 0.

And Pool School and the wiki are awesome will be a longtime supporter of this site!!

Look forward to using kit to get accurate pool size as well. I think I'm addicted to this pool stuff...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210522-073539_iAquaLink.jpg
    Screenshot_20210522-073539_iAquaLink.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 1
@Newdude thanks so much for the welcome. I will buy pro then, lol my pool installer said if I keep learning would I be interested in setups for his customers lol. I actually enjoy learning pool info and this beats the office scene. Thanks so much!!

My builder thought I was insane at first. Then he realized my pool looks better than any they manage. He hs me running around to various plaster pools after they settle in to see what needs to be done. Lol. He still can’t get over how clear it is after each winter with opening early and closing late and my winter close up. He’s a great great guy and a great builder but he has just followed what the industry pushed and pushes still for 40 plus years and well it isn’t really right compared to what we do and learn here

You can do some math on the cell’s FC production or just set it at 50% and run the pool for 10 hours per day. Check FC in the morning and after the run to see how much it went up or down and adjust up or down accordingly. There are more things you can think about regarding pump run time but they aren’t critical to get you started.

Just got in today for the first time we have done so much work finally able to enjoy it together. I set the Aquapure for 50% at about 1pm still says 0% on @ 8:15pm anything else I need to do? I have to troubleshoot one of the (4) jets but overall I really enjoyed the pool after all day in basketball gym with kids. Thanks all sorry for all the question but really enjoying the interaction and learning.

So currently I need to:

• Figure out Aquapure
    • It was at 0% at main control/aqualink box evern though 50% at app
  • Fix one jet
  • Continually learn from you guys and say thanks repeatedly

Last edited:
Came across this thread

AquaPure plus iAqualink - Questions

Just took my panel apart ribbon cable was a bit loose but aquapure still wasn't working from iAqualink. I placed in service mode I was able to turn cell on and set chlorination @50%.

Prior I could also get to water temp from panel by hitting the down icon. Any ideas my new family on getting this operation working via Aqualink.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.