New pool in Winter Garden, FL (Central Florida) - Ready to go! Somewhat.

Gunite done, crew came and backfilled this morning. Finally got the dirt off the neighbors lawn. Very frustrating not being at the house to get out there and check dimensions! At least I'll be back tomorrow.
IMG_9570.jpegIMG_9580.jpeg

Reactions: TampaKathy
Plumbing rough in was completed last week, passed inspection today!
Only a couple of pics of the pad area. It's a tight squeeze, but the plumber was able to get everything so it doesn't stick out past the side of the house. Hindsight being what it is, I wish I had gotten the A/C condensors moved much further down the side of the house.
IMG_9702.jpeg
IMG_9673.jpeg

Glad I don’t need to maintain that equipment with my size 13 boots.

Glad I don’t need to maintain that equipment with my size 13 boots.
Agreed. At the end of the day, the plumber accomplished what we requested. He would have been more than happy to run 12' of valving and equipment into the yard, but we chose form over function. It is tight, time will tell (as a first time pool owner) how difficult it will be for me to service. I'm just glad I was onsite when he showed up, as I had to do the coordination our PB didn't do.

I was looking over the plumbing last night and noticed that there are no valves going to the individual water features. There's a 3-way Jandy valve off the water feature pump, from there the lines for the features are tee'd, no more valves in line. My understanding is that there should be valves to each individual feature. Is this correct? I diagrammed out the plumbing as I see it, which may end up helping me troubleshoot in the future.
Pool Plumbing.png

Each water feature should have its own 2way diverter valve to control its flow. Don’t accept any ball valves in your system.

Each water feature should have its own 2way diverter valve to control its flow. Don’t accept any ball valves in your system.
Exactly what I expected and talked on site with the plumber about. We spoke about having another 3-way valve off the main 3-way, and adjusting flow by tweaking that valve. That made sense to me, considering we only have two like features off each path.
Like this:
Pool Plumbing-Page-2.png

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Agreed! I cannot believe the pace. No complaints here! My best guess is that the subs are finally catching up with the 2020 building boom. I just peeked at our cameras, and there's a crew there now prepping for the decking.

Deck was completed last week. Clean up crew was by today, but didn't seem to clean anything. I love how all the subs use the pool as a trash can. Maybe tomorrow. Plumbers also made changes to the water feature plumbing, but I cannot figure out what they've done. I'm going to see if I can get an answer tomorrow. Heat pump is also in, not seeing a check valve before the salt cell. Sigh.
IMG_9949.jpeg
IMG_9976.jpeg

Reactions: BigPapaSmurf
I’m fairly certain our interior finish is getting done today.
Question: Is it a problem if the pool does not get filled for weeks? It’s a Wet Edge pebble-type finish.
Fencing is delayed, and may not go in for 8+ weeks. All the builds I see here seem to get filled as soon as finish is done.

I’m fairly certain our interior finish is getting done today.
Question: Is it a problem if the pool does not get filled for weeks?

If the pool cannot get filled due to lack of a fence then it should not be plastered.

New plaster must be immersed in water within about 48 hours for it to cure properly.

For anyone else curious, this is the exact reply from Wet Edge:
"This is absolutely NOT ACCEPTABLE! The pool is filled right after the installation process is complete. The warranty is voided if the finish is without water for 48 hours."

Good thing the installer had equipment issues and had to stop for today. They won't be coming back Monday like they thought they would be!

• Wow
Reactions: Texasresident
I'm still trying to sort out what was done with the water feature plumbing. I've inquired with the PB, but have yet to get a response. It was Friday afternoon, so there will be a Monday follow-up. What I am most curious about is what the purpose of the new check valves is. I've attached a drawing of my best guess on what's going on, without getting the shovel out.

Electrical and automation went in Thursday. Not terribly surprised that there are mistakes there too. Wrong automation panel (RS4 instead of RS8), lights not configured as specified, salt system not connected to the automation controller. I wish I had known I would be spending so much time managing their project!

Pool Plumbing-Page-3.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.