New pool in Winter Garden, FL (Central Florida) - Ready to go! Somewhat.

I would get the name of the sub and make sure they are a certified installer on the wet edge web page. I can't believe they would try to install it if they knew they couldn't fill with water right away.
I did look up the sub on Wet Edge's site, and they're listed. I think they had bad info from the PB. When I called the PB to question what was going on, they had no idea there was an issue with the fence, even though I had notified and questioned this exact issue weeks prior. There has been zero oversight of the project by the PB. No site visits, no pre-construction meetings or project reviews. Just on time invoices for payments.

I’m fairly certain our interior finish is getting done today.
Question: Is it a problem if the pool does not get filled for weeks? It’s a Wet Edge pebble-type finish.
Fencing is delayed, and may not go in for 8+ weeks. All the builds I see here seem to get filled as soon as finish is done.
Could you put up a temporary safety fence so the pool can be completed? Also, 8 weeks is a long lead time on fencing... Is that another 2021 "things are crazy" effect?

Could you put up a temporary safety fence so the pool can be completed? Also, 8 weeks is a long lead time on fencing... Is that another 2021 "things are crazy" effect?
I'm told the delay is with the gates, being that they have to be welded and not cross-braced. And it does seem to be a supply chain issue. We were told 12-15 weeks, but I'm staying optimistic that is a absolute worst case, and I'll wake up tomorrow and have a fence. I considered other options, but this is a small delay, and we can wait it out.

But, in the mean time, the interior has been put on hold. 100% if I had not caught it, and if the installer had not had equipment issues, there would be an interior finish in place right now.

Acid wash proceeding today, so I guess that means water today!
PB is telling me we don't have to do anything for 3 to 4 days apart from shutting off the water once the pool is full (assuming it is full by tomorrow). This seems to be contrary to the Wet Edge startup instructions. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Seems like we just need to go our own for best results?

Reactions: Nectarologist
I started brushing the day after the pool was filled. The startup guy was responsible for the chemicals for the first week so I didn't add anything but as soon as that week was up, I started following the Wet Edge guide.

I started brushing the day after the pool was filled. The startup guy was responsible for the chemicals for the first week so I didn't add anything but as soon as that week was up, I started following the Wet Edge guide.
I'm thinking I'm going to need to go pick up a brush and pole. I don't think the PB will be providing it today or tomorrow. And based on the response I received, I don't think anyone will be checking or managing the chemistry at all until Monday. Maybe it's poor communication, but I have low expectations.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'm thinking I'm going to need to go pick up a brush and pole. I don't think the PB will be providing it today or tomorrow. And based on the response I received, I don't think anyone will be checking or managing the chemistry at all until Monday. Maybe it's poor communication, but I have low expectations.
I think you're smart to take it into your own hands based on what wetedge recommends. Don't even tell the builder what you've done since they will only try to blame you for any issues (even unrelated). He hasn't cared yet so he won't be at your house testing your water. FWIW, I had to basically take over at the end too (even went to pick up my own chemicals, skimmer net, etc). It looks amazing!

Reactions: travelfeedsthesoul
Came back from lunch and the pool is filling! Quickly grabbed another photo of the water meter as well.

Question: Are we supposed to fill the spa separately? I assume yes, otherwise the water will run over the spillway into the spa down the sides and streak the finish?

No sock or cloth on the hose end...
IMG_1120.jpg
But it's filling! Yay!
IMG_1124.jpgIMG_1123.jpg
IMG_1127.jpg

If you have a second hose and water connection put a sock on the end and use it to fill the spa. When the spa is full move that hose to the pool.

You probably have enough water in the pool that a sock on the end will not make a difference.

Well, the pool is filled! Looks to be about 18k gallons. Now we wait for the PB to start up the equipment...

A keen viewer will also notice it's "full" to the bottom of the tile. Someone forgot to plug the second port of the skimmer, so the last couple of inches of water leaked back out again. 🤦‍♂️
IMG_1188.jpgIMG_1187.jpg

Well, the pool is full, the pumps are running, and it's brushing time!
I'm wondering if these areas I'm seeing are too much plaster or not enough pebble. There are a lot of areas like this around the pool:
IMG_1209.jpg
IMG_1208.jpg

I'm wondering if these areas I'm seeing are too much plaster or not enough pebble. There are a lot of areas like this around the pool:

Plaster and pebble is a hand mixed and applied finish that will vary with every crew and application.

Stand back and admire your good looking pool. The variations add natural character. Don't examine it closely. No one else ever will.

Reactions: WGpoolnewb
I have some spots that look like that and I wasn't going to do anything about them but my pool was drained yesterday so while it was drained I put some Muriatic Acid on the worst spots. The spots that had like chunks of plaster that stuck out from the surface I think it was a good idea...the spots that look like yours, I'm not so sure...instead of having light blue spots of too much plaster, I now have dark blue spots, lol. So Allen is probably right...try not too look at it too closely!

I have some spots that look like that and I wasn't going to do anything about them but my pool was drained yesterday so while it was drained I put some Muriatic Acid on the worst spots. The spots that had like chunks of plaster that stuck out from the surface I think it was a good idea...the spots that look like yours, I'm not so sure...instead of having light blue spots of too much plaster, I now have dark blue spots, lol. So Allen is probably right...try not too look at it too closely!

Problem is if you use acid to wash away too much plaster around pebbles in a few years the pebbles will start coming loose and you will be complaining about that. It is a delicate balance to keep the pebbles secure. Too much palster is better long term then too little.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.