New Pool in PA. Fiberglass Inground 16x40

Its been way too long since this journey began. Somewhat unbelievable. The final inspection from the township was completed last week and there was an issue with the ground wire and an alarm that needed to be installed on my sliding glass door. Unfortunately, I'm not happy with the end result, specifically regarding the concrete.

Issues:
Several items were not ordered when I signed my contract causing major delays (3rd microbrite light, pump, transformers, magicbowls, etc)
Poorly scheduled subcontractors, some of the work (electrical) could have and should have been completed prior to the pool arriving.
Poor gameplan and shoot from the hip site prep (on the day of the dig "Where do you want it?")
Some days, we weren't sure if they were coming back to finish...
The concrete subcontractor isn't prepared to complete pool jobs (using single-use forms instead of reusable forms to cut back on waiting times for ordering forms specifically)
Concrete subcontractor caused the largest delay (about a month) blaming not having forms yet.
I had to consistently remind them about the details, like its colored and stamped concrete that we requested from the get-go.
Apparently, a diving board wasn't ordered and there was confusion on customers who were getting a diving board and who wasn't.
Plumbing was not buried deep enough from the equipment pad to the pool.
Concrete was not finished to the level of professionalism that I would expect
1. Cracks in the coping at the joints, how long will it be before my coping has chunks missing?
2. Curved joints where they should be straight
3. Sharp edges on the coping
4. Unfinished textures on the coping
5. Exposed joint filler ends
6. Handrail is installed crooked
7. Umbrella bases are sloppy and covered in concrete
8. Edging wasn't cleaned up or trowed properly (will probably have chipping later on)
9. Slippery untextured spots, especially by the diving board
10. The concrete at the diving board is only 4" thick
11. 1/8" - 1/4" low spots next to joints causing tripping hazards
12. Repeating pattern since they only used one stamp
13. They used the pool water to clean their brushes while putting on the stain and sealants which gummed up the skimmer and lord knows how it affected my pool equipment)
14. Concrete and sealant smeared onto the fiberglass at the waterline.
15. Pool Ladder has greater than 6" between ladder and pool wall and is not plumb.
16. Intellivalve does not work, due to a malfunctioning circuit breaker.
17. Easytouch wireless control unit isn't hooked up because it is missing the transceiver.
18. Due to the time it took to complete the grading, my basement flooded as the water was being sloped TOWARDS my house.
19. Joints were covered with stain and sealant, which will eventually flake off and look blistered.

I'm also not very impressed with the Pentair Automation. The hook into Alexa doesn't work all that reliably, but I will withhold comments until I get everything running properly.

Also, the Pentair Intellicenter really needs some security attention, I don't think Pentair knows what a pentest or vulnerability scan is... This thing is open to the world and if you don't install it on its own VLAN that is firewalled off from your home network it's an open door to anyone.

Here is my full album from Google Photos:
Looks great! Is this the ocean blue g2?

Its been way too long since this journey began. Somewhat unbelievable. The final inspection from the township was completed last week and there was an issue with the ground wire and an alarm that needed to be installed on my sliding glass door. Unfortunately, I'm not happy with the end result, specifically regarding the concrete.

Issues:
Several items were not ordered when I signed my contract causing major delays (3rd microbrite light, pump, transformers, magicbowls, etc)
Poorly scheduled subcontractors, some of the work (electrical) could have and should have been completed prior to the pool arriving.
Poor gameplan and shoot from the hip site prep (on the day of the dig "Where do you want it?")
Some days, we weren't sure if they were coming back to finish...
The concrete subcontractor isn't prepared to complete pool jobs (using single-use forms instead of reusable forms to cut back on waiting times for ordering forms specifically)
Concrete subcontractor caused the largest delay (about a month) blaming not having forms yet.
I had to consistently remind them about the details, like its colored and stamped concrete that we requested from the get-go.
Apparently, a diving board wasn't ordered and there was confusion on customers who were getting a diving board and who wasn't.
Plumbing was not buried deep enough from the equipment pad to the pool.
Concrete was not finished to the level of professionalism that I would expect
1. Cracks in the coping at the joints, how long will it be before my coping has chunks missing?
2. Curved joints where they should be straight
3. Sharp edges on the coping
4. Unfinished textures on the coping
5. Exposed joint filler ends
6. Handrail is installed crooked
7. Umbrella bases are sloppy and covered in concrete
8. Edging wasn't cleaned up or trowed properly (will probably have chipping later on)
9. Slippery untextured spots, especially by the diving board
10. The concrete at the diving board is only 4" thick
11. 1/8" - 1/4" low spots next to joints causing tripping hazards
12. Repeating pattern since they only used one stamp
13. They used the pool water to clean their brushes while putting on the stain and sealants which gummed up the skimmer and lord knows how it affected my pool equipment)
14. Concrete and sealant smeared onto the fiberglass at the waterline.
15. Pool Ladder has greater than 6" between ladder and pool wall and is not plumb.
16. Intellivalve does not work, due to a malfunctioning circuit breaker.
17. Easytouch wireless control unit isn't hooked up because it is missing the transceiver.
18. Due to the time it took to complete the grading, my basement flooded as the water was being sloped TOWARDS my house.
19. Joints were covered with stain and sealant, which will eventually flake off and look blistered.

I'm also not very impressed with the Pentair Automation. The hook into Alexa doesn't work all that reliably, but I will withhold comments until I get everything running properly.

Also, the Pentair Intellicenter really needs some security attention, I don't think Pentair knows what a pentest or vulnerability scan is... This thing is open to the world and if you don't install it on its own VLAN that is firewalled off from your home network it's an open door to anyone.

Here is my full album from Google Photos:
you must work as an network engineer.

Looks great! Is this the ocean blue g2?

Yes, see in an earlier post the color was confirmed....

The finish of the pool was the G2 Ocean Blue

@CircaSurvivalist is also doing the same color in a separate build thread.

@Amubu , sorry to hear about the troubles at the end. Was really following along and its a shame the finishing touches ended up like they did. Any relief from the PB on the laundry list of issues you posted?

Reactions: CircaSurvivalist
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.