New pool in Jersey...they're here!

So after we failed for the same problem twice ?, they finally fixed it and I am now waiting for a reinspection. They finally put the coping on all the way. Turns out they had to reorder some for so reason. I was just happy they actually did something thus week (Monday). But that was all they did. So my pool has been worked on 3 times in the last 2 weeks. Lot of good days lost because.
On a positive note, electrician just called me to set up for a Friday install. Its supposed to rain tomorrow night and I'm hoping it doesn't hold off till Friday.
Second time failed for same reason. Problem was fixed later that day. They also put coping around pool.
That is it.

Is that hose on your equipment? That is what they are looking for..........make sure the pipes can hold pressure aka no leaks.
Yes it is attached to the pump.

Attachments

• 15628586421962423999389295868121.jpg
    15628586421962423999389295868121.jpg
    381.5 KB · Views: 41
  • 15628587710367561506245976025491.jpg
    15628587710367561506245976025491.jpg
    549.3 KB · Views: 41

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Question about the easy touch 4. Will I have enough room to put two of my (3) lights on seperate switches? I want to be able to create the light show but i think I've read that they need to be seperate. Thinking maybe to put deep end light on the same as sundeck and the one for middle of pool seperate. Or even just the sundeck seperate from the other two. So the components of the pool are:
2 intelibrite lights
1 globrite
Slide
Heater
Swg
Pump

K,

Get the ET 8.. :mrgreen: ...... Or the new IntelliCenter.

The ET 4 only comes with a Pump/Filter relay plus Aux 1, 2 and 3

2 intelibrite lights.. Will take 2 relays and 2 transformers, if you want to control each light independently..
1 globrite... Will take 1 relay and 1 transformer
Slide... Will need a valve to turn the water on/off.. no relay needed.
Heater... Will use low voltage relay on the main board..
Swg... The SWCG requires you to use the Pump filter relay.
Pump... No relay needed if you are getting an IntelliFlo

Keep in mind you will find something else you want to control.. Like an equipment pad light.. You don't want to have to walk out to the pad in the dark to turn on a light. Maybe landscape lighting?? or???

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: kimkats
Ok so my pb said it was too late to switch to et 8 because electricians are already here. So I won't do seperate spots for pool lights. They said my electric panel was full but we were able to use the hot tub spots because it was from before we moved in and there's no hot tub here. If I add one in future I'll worry about it then because right now we just dodged a $1000 dollar bullet (cost of new panel)! They also said they would come back after backfill if I wanted other outlets. I guess because of the mounds of dirt to get through. I'm just worried about where the outlet will go that has to be no more than 20 ft from pool (as per electrician). We are going to put a gazebo (prob one from bjs or Costco with the hard top) in the corner between equipment and pool. I just told him a pot and hopefully it works out. But I always make wrong decisions, especially when I dont have time to think it though!

I suspect that the electrician will install a GFCI outlet in the knockout in the bottom right side of your new EasyTouch.. Most do... If not, you might ask him to do it if you need an outlet near your equipment pad.

I use this outlet to power my Robot pool cleaner.

Thanks,

Jim R.

I suspect that the electrician will install a GFCI outlet in the knockout in the bottom right side of your new EasyTouch.. Most do... If not, you might ask him to do it if you need an outlet near your equipment pad.

I use this outlet to power my Robot pool cleaner.

Thanks,

Jim R.

The one outlet that he has to install today for code can't be more than 20ft from the pool. My pad is about 30 feet. Not sure if he will put one in the easy touch also being as they are only 10 feet away from each other.
I thought it would be easier for them to put outlets on the other side of pool now since they had the bobcat/trench equipment but he said they would come back out (which probably means charge more to bring it back) and give me a quote before they left. But at least then I can get a few estimates, I guess.[/OCLT]

Does that mean that when my pool lights are off my outlet won't work? I had a massive nosebleed when they were finishing so couldn't ask questions. Inspection is Monday.

I THINK it means that if that breaker is off then both are off BUT if it is on then they can both work together or separately. It just controls the MAIN power to them. Kind like in the house...........my kitchen light/fan is tied to the same breaker as my outlets. My outlets work even if my light/fan is turned off. Does that make sense to you and help you understand?

Kim:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.