Jul 13, 2017
Alexandria, VA
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
We have a brand new gunite filled about a month ago. I’ve been testing with my TF100 and my numbers this evening are:
FC- 6 -a little high from startup still. Water temp has been 65(ish) until today.
CC- 0
PH- 7.5-added acid, will test again in the morning.
TA- 110
CH- 250
CYA- 30

Over last month, the while plaster cured I’d notice dry hands after testing water. Didn’t think much about it. I’ve been dealing with high PH and attributed it to that.

Fired heater up and jumped in today. My skin feels really dry, unlike swimming in any other pool I’ve ever swam in.

Why? Is it becuse my FC is high? I was thinking of adding salt but wanted to check here first.

Interesting.... I am going to call in a couple of others to make sure. I have heard of using borates to soften the feel of the water. Salt will also help also from what I have read. Hold on while I get back up.

Kim:kim:

Marty, I wondered as I know my Dad could not work with plaster without it messing his hands and arms up. Any where it touched. Of course this pool only has "dust" but.........

smoses, Have you cleaned your filter yet? I wonder if that will help?

Kim:kim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.