New pool cleaner for Katodude to review

What goes with this? They say, “unmatched water clarity“ with a cloud of dirt trailing behind. Looks like it’s taken a direct hit from a torpedo.
View attachment 549309

Those are the diesel fumes from the exhaust. It runs on any grade of diesel, even the high sulfur stuff.

Ohh, everything’s ok then. With all these new EV type robots I was getting worried we’d need to build a sting of charging stations across the pool. Must be using old diesel sub tech running on bio fuel.

Reactions: JoyfulNoise

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
There are some details about the BeatBot Aquasense Pro or SuBlu BlueNexus that aren't provided on either web site so I emailed both companies. Beatbot consistently responded within 24 hours to my emails (even weekends!). Four emails total. I've not received any response from SuBlu after four days. Some of my questions were difficult, so I'm not surprised at a delayed response but am surprised at no response at all from SuBlue in this time frame.

Anyways, here are some details on the Beatbot that others might find useful

ItemResponse
User Replaceable BatteryNo
Replaceable BatteryYes (has to be sent in to service center)
Expected Battery LifespanMaintains 85% capacity after 1000 full charge cycles
Replacement Battery CostTBD. Not finalized and not expected anytime soon given the lifespan above
Limit charge to 80% to preserve battery lifespanNot at the current time. They passed suggestion on to software development.
Battery Standards/SafetyUL2595 and IEC62133
Filter capacity3.7L
Corporate LongevityStartup which only has the BeatBot and BeatBot Pro for sale. They provided pre-order sale numbers to me but IDK if this info is public. Would seem like this may be a sustainable business for them.
iPad/Tablet optimizationExpected in the May timeframe
Web apps/desktop browser supportNone planned.
RepairsTypically one week for in warranty repairs (excluding shipping times)
Brushless motorsYes
User replaceable motorsNo
Replacement motor costTBD
User replaceable brushesYes
Replacement brush costTBD
User replaceable pumpNo
Replaceable PumpYes
Replacement pump costTBD
Extended Warranty OptionNo

Last edited:
I've also got a comparison table for the three models (BeatBot, BeatBot Pro and Blue Nexus) that I'm using to capture info so I can make a decision. If you're interested, I could post that info here.

Something interesting I noticed. Although the BeatBot isn't officially released, the Android app has 2x the amount of downloads as the Blue Nexus. Could be noise (i.e. more Blue Nexus users use iOS) or it could be indicative of relative demand/interest for the two products.

I agree Katodude should take one for the team.

I thought about it. But it’s a little too much. Besides with only a 2 year warranty I am a little fearful. My current experience with all the new entrants to the field is that the units just dont have the longevity (this now also includes Maytronics).

I like the chart that @lindend has. I was also ask them about the motors, are they brushless. Are they all the same. How much are replacements and are they user changeable.

Reactions: Jaxwaterboy
There’s no way a small company can live for very long on such a limited product line. They’ll have big sales in the beginning but once the units are in the field, the failure rates will start kicking in and then they’ll be losing money on warranty and service. My guess is their hope is to make a splash quickly with some robotic products and then hope they get bought out by one of the big three before they have to start burning through cash on repair/replacement.

Besides with only a 2 year warranty I am a little fearful.

How long a warranty would you expect for a robot in this category?

My current experience with all the new entrants to the field is that the units just dont have the longevity (this now also includes Maytronics).

Beatbot actually posts testing/longevity for various components. Can this info be found for other robots?

Water Pump: 5+ years
Battery: 3+ years
Buttons: 100k presses
Heat: Up to 122F
Humidity: 85%
Salt: 168 hours

For sure the Sublue Blue Nexus do not offer these type of stats.

Updated the table in the post above with answers to @Katodude's questions

Brushless motorsYes
User replaceable motorsNo
Replacement motor costTBD
User replaceable brushesYes
Replacement brush costTBD
User replaceable pumpNo
Replaceable PumpYes
Replacement pump costTBD
Extended Warranty OptionNo

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.