Zodiac G3 vs G3 Pro

MBPooldiy

Jun 14, 2022
Phoenix
Does anyone know if there is a functional difference between the Zodiac G3 and the G3 Pro? The one I have been using is labeled "G3 Pro". I inherited it with my house and it has worked flawlessly for over 5 years, only needing an occasional new diaphragm. I leave it in the pool 24/7/365 on a dedicated suction line. Nothing could be easier. The chlorine has gotten the better of the plastic at this point and threaded sections are disintegrating to the point that it keeps coming apart. I would like to replace it with the same thing, but it seems that I can only buy a regular G3 and not a Pro. Found an old Youtube video saying that the only difference is that with the Pro you get a longer (2 year) warranty and an extra diaphragm in the box. No one seems to sell the Pro though. I'm ready to buy the standard G3 off of Amazon but would feel more comfortable if someone could confirm that it is exactly the same as the one I have except for the warranty.

Probably just different models for different sales channels. Pro model sold through builders which is why you cannot find it on the Internet.