New Pool Build Pearland, TX (Houston area)

You got plastered today and didn't tell us?!! (I just saw your post on another thread) Can't wait to see pictures!

I saw your post about landscaping. I'll get back to you later with my thoughts - but I'm holding those ideas hostage until I see some plaster pics! Lol!!
Suz

So after waiting for 2 weeks through rain, pumping out the pool/spa, waiting for it to dry, almost dry, and then more rain only to start the process over 4 times we finally got dry enough to plaster today! Quartzscapes Tahoe Blue!

And they even put on the wash cloth (not quite sure what it is yet) and tied water bottles to the end of the hose without me telling them about it. :)

You got plastered today?!?!?! Pictures please! (Or it will all slough off down the drains). Lol. Phil got plastered today too and I got gunite!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh cool. I have to check out your threads. I got busy and behind on TFP, now to get caught up!

You got plastered today and didn't tell us?!! (I just saw your post on another thread) Can't wait to see pictures!

I saw your post about landscaping. I'll get back to you later with my thoughts - but I'm holding those ideas hostage until I see some plaster pics! Lol!!
Suz

Ok no more hostage holdig share the ideas. ;)

We would really really love to see some pictures!!

Will post more once the pool is filled. I need to catch up on your build. :)

- - - Updated - - -

That looks awesome! Did they already acid wash? Fun times!

Here is a link to share with your PB............he is the one holding the warranty card so what he says goes.

Pool School - Start-up New Plaster

Do you have your test kit yet? Let us know what he gives you so we can let you know how to make it the purrfect one.

Kim:cat:

Thank you. Not sure what they did yet, but PB did give instructions which we will follow. Ordered the TF-100, speedstirrer, and salt test kit and hope they are on their way. :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Oh my, my, my! Your pool is stunning! The blues and gray travertine show off each other. That spa is to die for! It looks luxurious! I think I could sleep in that spa. The finish is perfect with your waterline tile, glass tile, and stone work. All those blues work beautifully together! I cannot wait to see it filled! Mother Nature may give you a boost there.

You guys must be beyond excited!
Congrats!!
Suz

*gasp* BEAUTIFUL!!!! The tile trim looks amazing!!! Congratulations!!! I'm thrilled for you!!

Oh my, my, my! Your pool is stunning! The blues and gray travertine show off each other. That spa is to die for! It looks luxurious! I think I could sleep in that spa. The finish is perfect with your waterline tile, glass tile, and stone work. All those blues work beautifully together! I cannot wait to see it filled! Mother Nature may give you a boost there.

You guys must be beyond excited!
Congrats!!
Suz

Aww thank you both. We just love it too and had to sit out there for a bit just looking at it. Well not sure if the rain will help so much as now the pool is filling full force. The PB's pool guy came out to add things to the spa jets, etc and said it was filling too slow, so on went the auto fill and all the returns are now spewing water into the pool full force. Spa is full and flowing into the pool. Hope we don't get streaking.

He also added two bottles of metal out and two bottles of muriatic acid.

That's terrific! I didn't know you could fill through the autofill. It looks like you have all these water features running now - waterfalls everywhere!!! Geez, I love your silver travertine (not sure what to call the color). It takes my breath away!
Suz

That's terrific! I didn't know you could fill through the autofill. It looks like you have all these water features running now - waterfalls everywhere!!! Geez, I love your silver travertine (not sure what to call the color). It takes my breath away!
Suz

Thank you Suz. It is actually Silver Travertine. :)

At this point we are thinking wow maybe we should have added some deck jets. ;)

So pool newbie here. I was wondering why the water level wasn't rising much with all that water pouring into the pool...the pump is on and that is just recirculating water. LOL. Guess it will be a while to fill it. And again we better not get streaking or weird coloration, not sure why PB does it this way, but we shall see...

Glad yall are done with it and plastered, our plaster came yesterday but had to turn him around due to tile crew has not came by and done the table top. Your travertine and plaster plaster looks real good, hope we get a break with the rain so y'all can enjoy the pool soon

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.