New Pool Build Pearland, TX (Houston area)

So unfortunately our beautiful Tahoe Blue Quartzscape plaster has some bad discoloring, water stain issues, and it looks like the color had faded a bit.

There were also some metal stain spots right away before water fill, but those are fading and I'll try vitamin C on them later, there is also a black spot in the deep end that I hope isn't rebar rusting through. Part of the water stain problem was that the pool filter was turned on and acid added before the pool was full, so staining around the returns, some gunite was still weeping when they plastered, and it did rain pretty hard for a short time that day. Also some areas in the shallow end that are pretty rough on the feet (I don't mind it in the deep end where you can't stand). There is also about a 7mm spot in the plaster that is a divot and white with no plaster, look like someone's trowel gouged a hole. PB said it is ok and they can fill it with something. Weird that it is white under the blue. We don't mind the marbling and were expecting it, but this is a bit too much discoloration and you can really see it in low light early evening. When swimming it is ok, water moving and can't see much. There is a clear line of lighter plaster in half the pool in deep end and a bit darker in the shallow.

I ran out there when the pool guy turned on the filter, but he said it was ok. Pool builder said they will do a light acid wash for a couple days in the winter and it will take away some of the staining. Not happy with the staining, but love the water color as long as the plaster does not keep fading.

I'm sorry you have more than the usual irregularities. Some of what I see in the photos, I'm not really sure what I'm seeing - shadows?, mottling looking worse due to the lighting?, etc. In other areas, I have no doubt about what I see, and I wouldn't be happy with it either. It looks like you have several places that aren't nearly as smooth as they should be. I LOVE the color of your finish, so I hope it doesn't keep fading. I'm glad your builder seems to be listening. I guess it is better to wait for the winter rather than messing up your swim time. Good luck on all of this and keep us posted!
Keeping my fingers crossed,
Suz

Hi fire! I typed out this long reply to you the day you posted this and my phone shut down on me before it posted. Sorry about the issues! I definitely see it, especially at the returns which can't be shrugged off as normal discoloration or variance. Some time has passed now. Have there been any updates? Was it awesome being in the pool for 4th of July??!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know this is an old thread and the OP hasn't updated since she posted about some issues with the plaster but had to comment that I just saw this build and wow - so similar to what we are doing with ours. The waterline tile is so close, both did a blue glass, and then the silver travertine. Also love the water color. Makes me feel more confident in our decisions. Love the spa and waterfall. Just stunning!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.