New Pool Build - Northern California

I keep checking back to see if there are any update photos ..... can't wait to see this one in all its glory. My favorite pool on here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone.

As of this morning there is a crew polishing the Wet Edge finish - they just finished the acid wash first thing this morning. I have a few photos I should be able to post later today once it looks a little better.

Here is what it looked like last night...

IMAG0294.jpg

Now I am just trying to schedule our water truck delivery for this afternoon!

- - - Updated - - -

As a break from pool stuff last night my brother and I went to see Rush in concert, which was a really nice break from thinking about my final pool stuff all night.

Good times!
IMAG0299.jpg

It was a late option suggested by the Pool Builders office staff.

When we met to go over colors it was not an option, but we were dealing with a someone who was filling in for the main office manager. She called me a couple of weeks ago and suggested that the black fittings would go better with the darker color. Once she emailed us a photo we agreed and switched. By the time it is full it should look even better.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We are all filled!!! And swimming.

I took some other advice I read on here that when the water reaches the middle of the tile JUMP IN...

Our builder didn't tell us that, but since they aren't doing chemical addition or pool school until Monday morning I have all weekend to enjoy the pool.

We went to bed last night with the water at the last step. I used a water alarm I have and put it on the angled tile going into our cover vault. It hit that at 4:30 AM and the alarm woke me up so I went out and turned off the water. I was surprised but the water was steaming a bit - so I figured it must be pretty warm already.

This morning things look great. Below are a couple of photos.

IMG_1511.JPG

IMG_1512.JPG

IMG_1513.JPG

IMG_1514.JPG

Superman is Swimming ! ! !
IMG_1517.JPG

By noon the water was 78 degrees, and this afternoon it was already 80 degress. I think the dark finish is going to keep our pool nice and warm. I doubt our future solar will be needed in the summer - we might need to use it for night time cooling instead! Of course foggy weeks in the summer when we have the May Gray, June Gloom, and July Oh My of Fog, Fog, Fog it will be nice to have options of getting the pool warm.

The pool looks great and glad to hear Superman is protecting your pool! We also have a dark WetEdge so I wonder how hot our water is going to be down in Texas. Can you explain the advice about "when the water reaches the middle of the tile JUMP IN?" Is that just saying to enjoy the pool ASAP or is there something more technical about that?

No I just read it on one of the other builds just a few days ago - their pool builder told them that when the water reaches the tile to jump in and enjoy. I decided I would do that - we haven't put any chemicals in and are getting our pool school Monday morning.

After we follow the pool builders schedule we will convert to the TFT method and hopefully things will go smoothly (crossing fingers!)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.