Finalizing a pool build in ct. Let me know what you think
Mountain pond vinyl lined pool 24x40 imperial legacy
Full liner steps and a bench
5 Returns and 2 skimmers
3 LED Lights
Intellichlor LC40
Quad DE Cartridge Filter
Superflo VS pump
33,000.00. (price does not include electrical or water)

Our contract does not specify the size of the cartridge filter or pump. What do you guys recommend? we will be doing one Rock waterfall feature. Should I upgrade to a smart controller?
Thanks in advance

You can plumb for a slide but you have to plan carefully and best to know what slide you will use and where it will be located. Wait too long and you may find the model of the slide has been discontinued.

We absolutely want to control remotely if possible.

K,

What is it you want to automate?

In your location, the IC40 should work, but you can never go too big with a SWCG..

Keep in mind that if you decide to go with a Pentair automation system, it will not be able to control your SuperFlo VS pump..

You need to decide if you want an automation system up front, so that it can all be worked into the design.

Cost is the main downside to an automation system.

The upside is that they can control the lights, valves or water features, pad lights, the SWCG, and with the right pump, pump speeds and schedules.

Thanks,

Jim R.

I’m in southington CT too. Used Julianos pools. They were awesome. Just finished mine last month. They will do everything if you want them too. Pool builders are super busy right now with the increased covid demand. But julianos dew is huge so they may be able to fit you in better than the smaller guys. And the vermiculite guys are artists. Even lit up at night clean!

Attachments

• 7223DDB3-D0A5-4543-8E65-34BC4B722766.jpeg
    7223DDB3-D0A5-4543-8E65-34BC4B722766.jpeg
    651.5 KB · Views: 35
  • 93103E32-7F0E-47B0-8BE6-3E293328A5B7.jpeg
    93103E32-7F0E-47B0-8BE6-3E293328A5B7.jpeg
    498.1 KB · Views: 33
I’m in southington CT too. Used Julianos pools. They were awesome. Just finished mine last month. They will do everything if you want them too. Pool builders are super busy right now with the increased covid demand. But julianos crew is huge so they may be able to fit you in better than the smaller guys. And the vermiculite guys are artists. Even lit up at night clean!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Wow! That looks amazing! Did you go heat pump or propane? Salt water or regular chlorine? Sand or DE? I only ask because I’ve had 3 pb out here and two have told me heat pump is the way to go and one guy told me propane. The propane guy has an amazing reputation around town so I’m torn! So Juliano’s did your decking and fencing? All in, give it to me straight. How much did you pay? 😖

We have a propane heater. We already have a propane tank for the house and with a spa I wouldn’t do a heat pump. It takes too long to heat up from what I hear. Salt all the way. Julianos likes the sta-rite de filter. I did not have julianos do the hardscape because I had a previous relationship I used. But they will do it all. Julianos are a little higher than some quotes I got and less than some others. Prices are all over the map. But they are worth it over some of the cheaper ones. If you are touring pools from builders try to see if you can look at them at night with the pool lights on. The difference in finish work on the vermiculite alone should eliminate some of the builders out there. As for cost all in. It ain’t cheap. But it depends on what you want to add etc. the pools them self and equipment are not that expensive at all. It’s all the rest.....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.