New pool Build in Arizona! Started today! Pics included!

Irish Mist Pebble Sheen ✅☘??

Acid wash and filling it tomorrow morning ???

I’m very excited! I do want something to cover my equipment, however more along the DIY inexpensive route.

Bruce, from here on in, you will need to turn your pool green (with dye of course) for St Patrick’s day!! :cheers:

LOVE IT!!!

Now here is your job.............put socks on the ends of the hoses to keep that pretty, new plaster safe from the metal ends. Put the end of the hoses right be the main drain cover. When you start the flow of water into the pool do NOT stop it!!! Stopping the flow could cause a ring around the plaster that is almost impossible to get out :(

Kim:kim:

• Love
Reactions: CombatVet13

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ouch! I have read up on this condition prior to my Pebble finish going in last February. Do you know how long it took your crew to apply the finish? (Normal timeframe with pebble is 2-4 hours) Mine took just over two hours from first application to final exit. Did they "cover" your pool when it was applied? The proper method this time of year in AZ is to put up a cover to shade while the pebble is applied. The cracks are the first sign of future problems.
Take the advise of others, document everything and address the issue promptly with PB.

All the best...

I don't consider that type of cracking as being normal. Also, I don't think that it is due to the hot sun, at least, not entirely. Some other problem must have occurred with that spot and area.
I concur with Brian that the cracking will probably not sufficiently and properly close up when filled. It should be repaired with additional plaster/cement material being applied and forced into the cracks. Hopefully that is the only spot or area that develops cracks. If more cracking areas develop, then there is an underlying problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: CombatVet13

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.