New Pool Build - Conroe, TX - LOTS of pics! Come say hi Y'all.

I am amazed at the way the color of the pool changes according to the light and also movement.

18882112723_9ce258db89_c.jpg
[/url]Untitled by misplaced_texan_usaf, on Flickr[/IMG]

19315036268_5724271d06_c.jpg
[/url] by misplaced_texan_usaf, on Flickr[/IMG]

19315371680_e7a042be82_c.jpg
[/url] by misplaced_texan_usaf, on Flickr[/IMG]

Oh what FUN!!!! Precious photos of precious kids and precious puppies! Oh, the Lifeguard!!! He's a fierce one - no one would dare drown out of fear he might just try to rescue them!!

I'm so sorry Eddie's been down and out. He is going to have to pace himself. Surely things will slow down, eventually! Some nice quiet time floating with his sweetie should do wonders when he can manage to get out there.

Your babies (aka brats) are coming along beautifully! Mom knows what to do to bring them around!

Keep sharing all the fun!!
Suz.

Are those Papa Smurf's feet sticking up from the bottom of the pool in the third picture? Looks like someone tried to throw him a Smurfsaving line though. Nice.

Hi Sunbaby! Thanks for all the lovely photos of your sparkly water and your gorgeous doggies! I'm sure they won't take long to adjust to the new 'toy' in the yard! I love the fact that they have already learnt to go in the water to cool off. I do think that we need a pic of the one in the floater with you... :cool:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Are those Papa Smurf's feet sticking up from the bottom of the pool in the third picture? Looks like someone tried to throw him a Smurfsaving line though. Nice.

Lol! I should name my robot big papa! (Smurf)

- - - Updated - - -

LOL LOVE the lifesaver shirt! Where did you find that???????? Purrrrrrfect!

Those colors! WOW! That is a JEWEL of a pool for sure!

Kim
I got the shirt and a matching lifeguard surfboard dog toy that floats at Garden Ridge (now called At Home). They were pretty cheap too!

I am posting this here - since everyone already knows where I am in the pool build and that I can only do what my PB says. I have a question on my numbers. My PB said right now my numbers will be all over the place until the PT has cured. We are only going to be concerned with the PH and the CL. My pumps are running 24-7 right now.

Monday
PH 8.2
CL .5
We added 1/2 gallon of Muriatic Acid at night. There are tabs in the Chlorinator

Tuesday
PH 7.8
CL 1
We added 1/2 gallon of Muriatic Acid at night. There are tabs in the Chlorinator

Today
PH 7.5
CL 5 WHAT?

I tested it twice. Do you think that I looked at it wrong yesterday? Isn't that a large raise overnight for just tabs? Here is a picture from today. It is 5 right? I am using the Taylor Basic Kit. I just tested everything with the large test and here are the results.
FC 4
CC 0
CA 225
TA 150
CYA 0

So is the FC the same thing that I am testing with the quick test? If so the quick test REALLY looks like 5 and this test is showing 4. Am I blind and not reading the colors right?

19499033856_be4574ffef_c.jpg
[/url]Untitled by misplaced_texan_usaf, on Flickr[/IMG]

Are you running your pump at night?

I use the quick test just to see if my FC is in the ballpark. The larger test with the power is more accurate. I am surprised with the tabs your CYA hasnt started to go up. I wouldnt be too concerned with FC of 4 vs 5 on the "quick vs large" test.

Right now I am running my pump 24-7 pretty high and I am running my robot a LOT = Papa Smurf is picking up tons of little pebbles from the PT.

Is that too high for my CL? In my notes I show that it should be really low if my CYA is really low. There is so much to learn!

Is that normal for the CL to jump over night like that? I know no one here has much experience using tabs . . . so I might not get an answer. Just want to make sure I am not screwing something up. ALREADY.

Quick test gives you TC (Total Chlorine) it is an approximation.
Titration test gives you FC and with the additional steps, CC.
If your tab chlorinator is turned up high, on your size pool, running 24/7, the FC level can go up a lot overnight.
It will be slower during the day, as the sun it consuming your unstabilized Chlorine

That FC level will be fine once you get your CYA up. During a sunny day your FC will get eaten alive with no CYA. If you tested in the evening yesterday with your FC at 1, and this morning before alot of sunlight, it would make perfect sense for your FC to go from 1 to 4. With your pump running 24/7 it is constantly adding FC from the tabs, and increasing your FC at night since there is no sun to eat it up. During the day, since there is no CYA, it is eating it back down to 1.

Quick test gives you TC (Total Chlorine) it is an approximation.
Titration test gives you FC and with the additional steps, CC.
If your tab chlorinator is turned up high, on your size pool, running 24/7, the FC level can go up a lot overnight.
It will be slower during the day, as the sun it consuming your unstabilized Chlorine

Thank you! That helps. The Chlorinator is turned up to high (per my PB instructions) - he said to leave it at 5 until the PT is cured and we "learn" my pool.

You guys are awesome, thank you for your help.

- - - Updated - - -

That FC level will be fine once you get your CYA up. During a sunny day your FC will get eaten alive with no CYA. If you tested in the evening yesterday with your FC at 1, and this morning before alot of sunlight, it would make perfect sense for your FC to go from 1 to 4. With your pump running 24/7 it is constantly adding FC from the tabs, and increasing your FC at night since there is no sun to eat it up. During the day, since there is no CYA, it is eating it back down to 1.

THANK YOU!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.