New Pool Build - Conroe, TX - LOTS of pics! Come say hi Y'all.

So, even though I can't treat the pool with anything and they are adding only very specific stuff - I had to test it. Right now here is where my water is at.
PH 8.2
FC 3
CC .5
CH 250ppm
TA 190
CYA 0

- - - Updated - - -

<----------------------- Just tested her water! YEAH!

We didn't do any official training on the dogs yesterday - we had people over ALL day. We are SO exhausted!!!! But Bella goes and walks around on the tanning ledge when she gets hot! I caught this picture from inside the house. She is a little nervous when we are out there - I think she is afraid we will make her swim. But I love it, hoping she will be my water baby. Zoe, the little red one (not shown here), if I am in a float and go to the side of the pool, she will get in the float with me - but doesn't want to be in the water. But it is a step! Ringo (the one on the lounger) if anyone is outside other than me - he quickly and quietly goes inside and stays until everyone is gone!

19398101906_c80d4917a9_c.jpg
[/url]July 4th by misplaced_texan_usaf, on Flickr[/IMG]

19385910202_7e1c9a118a_c.jpg
[/url]Untitled by misplaced_texan_usaf, on Flickr[/IMG]

19279678548_3de85e3b4a_c.jpg

So my PB is so funny - but you have to "get" his sense of humor. So I sent him the numbers yesterday and his response was:

"What does all that mean?"

Nothing else! I responded back and said either you are messing with me or you really do have a full time pool boy! He responded back and said how excited he was that I was actually interested in the pool chemistry AND already testing before pool school. (whew) He also said that right now while the PT is curing my numbers will be all over the place - that for the first few weeks I only need to worry about PH and CL.

So he had me add 1/2 bottle of Muratic Acid (which I had a tiny drop splash on my leg. UHM, that burns).

This morning, my PH is down to 7.8 (from 8.2) and my CC is up to 1 (from .5)

Feeling all Mad Scientist over here.

Yes MA stings a little.
Take care with the splash and the fumes for that stuff.

The more you do it the less Oops you will have, but wear your old clothes to start with.

So my PB is so funny - but you have to "get" his sense of humor. So I sent him the numbers yesterday and his response was:

"What does all that mean?"

Nothing else! I responded back and said either you are messing with me or you really do have a full time pool boy! He responded back and said how excited he was that I was actually interested in the pool chemistry AND already testing before pool school. (whew) He also said that right now while the PT is curing my numbers will be all over the place - that for the first few weeks I only need to worry about PH and CL.

So he had me add 1/2 bottle of Muratic Acid (which I had a tiny drop splash on my leg. UHM, that burns).

This morning, my PH is down to 7.8 (from 8.2) and my CC is up to 1 (from .5)

Feeling all Mad Scientist over here.

I love your PB - my kind of humor!!! Tell him he has fans here! You can now add 'Mad Scientist' after 'Sunbaby'! I love it!!! You do know once I begin all that water testing, I expect you to drive down and tutor me? You'll be an expert by then!!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
LOL!! I don't think I will ever be an expert! The testing part is easy - I think the scary part is knowing what to do with the numbers. Right now I can't do anything without my PB approval - so I am ok - but once he lets me go - I am pretty sure I will be asking on here EVERY time until I get where the chem-Gods here are confirming what I think should be done.

I am REALLY nervous about it. My pool is so pretty and I do not want it to get yucky!

Do you have the other bits and pieces for doing chems (other than your TF-100)?
You will need:
- a container to collect pool water for testing (small opening you can cover with your thumb so water sample can be taken well below surface)
- a measuring container for measuring liquid MA or liquid chlorine (1 oz increments, 1qt or 1/2 gal capacity)
- a sock for dissolving your CYN. (Once you work your way up to the level you want, you won't need this for a long time)
- a dedicated bucket to dissolve stuff; borax/soda ash/washing soda (rarely used if all goes well)

I have most of that - I had an above ground pool so I have something to collect the water (thank you Leslie's pool), I don't have a container that will measure a 1/2 gallon - mine is 1qt, but I can just pour multiple times I guess. I really want one of everything. :) I do need a new bucket - we threw the old one out when we took down the AGP.

Wendy! I LOVE your PB! He is funny and gets it! It sounds like he gets you too! You have a "relationship"!

For measuring I have two different colored plastic 2 cup measuring cups. One for chlorine (clear) and one for MA (orange).

I made sure the measuring cups had the oz. listed right by the cups. SO easy to use and I keep each cup by it's liquid.

Kim

I'll order soon. Where did you order yours?
Amanda - this website is actually hosted by the BEST testing kits around. http://tftestkits.net/cart.php?m=view
AND if you become a supporter you get a discount on your first order. (the supporter part - helps them pay for this website)

I ordered my testkit when they started digging so that I could have it and get familiar with it. I also ordered the little stirrer thingy - I LOVE it. Makes me feel like I am in chemistry class!

On a side note - there have been people at my house all day every day. I am exhausted! Poor Eddie didn't even get off the couch yesterday and we had 8 people over in the pool! He got too tired on Saturday and it just really did a number on his MS - so it takes a while for him to recover. I am hoping that tonight he will feel like floating with me for a bit.

During the fun yesterday I let my brats out - who do not like kids and bark constantly when people are over. BUT they are food nuts. So I gave the kids chips and told them they could feed my dogs whatever. Looks like dog training 101! I am sure hoping that my dogs calm down soon and get used to all the people. They create chaos with all the barking.

The little ones are getting more and more adventuresome - luckily, just on the tanning ledge - but I am happy with their progress! Here are a few pics of the fun they had with the kids.

19496295672_3c2db312b3_c.jpg
[/url] by misplaced_texan_usaf, on Flickr[/IMG]

19496315582_fc5e24b842_c.jpg

19496296612_823953b62e_c.jpg

18880453824_165d4af7ef_c.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.