New Pool Build - Conroe, TX - LOTS of pics! Come say hi Y'all.

We have spraydeck you can see the colors we chose in my build link I have a close up. Spraydeck is an epoxy coating that goes on top of concrete, stays pretty cool in in the hot Texas sun.

Bullion Coatings did ours, I believe they are the only certified installers of true Spraydeck in the Houston area, not sure though. We got three colored speckles with ours. Glad the rain has stopped!

The aerobic ones have a pump that sends the treated grey water to the sprinklers.
If just one line is crushed, as long as there is another it will run.
It will probably pool @ crushed line and the other will run for longer tile tank has dropped to shutoff level.
You won't want to run it like that for long.

If it is the main line to all the sprinklers, you are in a bit of trouble.
When the pump kicks in it will run until it reached shutoff level.
All that grey water will pool @ crush point.

(take short showers :))

It is the only line. And we moved it a week before the pool was dug so this wouldn't happen. (It originally went straight through the pool) but we didn't account for them spreading all the dirt around. Sigh. So far, the tank isn't backing up. We just can't see where any water is pooling. We figured we would see the ground wet. But so far no luck. I think we will go buy new pvc pipe. AGAIN. And run it along the topsoil until they have completely finished everything. Then bury it & reconnect the sprinklers.

Hubbs is not at all happy to redo the job. Good times.

So. It's kinda embarrassing. But, the septic is not broken. Yay. But we did spend hours digging up pipes to find the "break". Come to find out, the switch to "test" the sprinkler only works when the septic water level is at a certain height. (I think something might be broken, I don't think it's supposed to work that way, but regardless.)

After digging up, cutting lines, testing. Over and over, we worked our way back to the tank when we realized something was off. Figured it out.

Feel stupid now

Hanging head in shame.

Oh, Wow! What an ordeal! We lost our entire sprinkler system as they had to cut through the pipes in back. The irrigation guy will come repair after the fact. For now we hand water what little bit of grass is left in our front yard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

we don't have any regular irrigation in the backyard, just the septic. I have extra zones we can add to the existing system in the front yard, but it's going to be a while. So I'll be water hosing it for a while!!

Well, this is unexpected, but I have a HUGE crew in my backyard - using giant sponges to dry up the standing water that was in the forms. They just put protection around my coping and taped up my windows. I do believe we are getting concrete today!

I freaked out - I know rain and concrete don't mix - so I called my brother who owns a Construction Company and asked. Ok - so I panicked and freaked out and called by big brother, it happens. :) He said that rain is only a problem if they can't get a good finish on the top. But he said they are pouring concrete today at all of his jobs - BIG jobs with no worries - so he told me not to worry either. He said worse case - we would have some roughness on the top of the concrete - but some people pay extra for that. Since we are having spray-deck done after - I think we are fine.

Right?

Wow. Not gonna lie - I am still freaking out some.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Forgot to mention - we have a storm in the gulf and are expecting up to 10" of rain this week . . . the news is saying it will be upgraded later today. Yikes.

I would LOVE to send this rain to y'all! Our ground is so saturated - we had a hard rain yesterday and it flooded our yards here - which normally only happens if it rains for a few days. This TS might really cause some problems here in Houston. We can't handle anymore water. :( Praying it isn't as bad as they are making it sound on the news.

Oh Wendy, I understand your worries. I would be worried too if it were my deck getting concrete.

Have a morning adult beverage, take a few deep breaths, and listen to your brother rather than the weathermen. I'm going to do what I have to do when I need to settle my nerves - make a list of reasons to relax.

1. The concrete company does not want to lose money from a bad job, as your brother probably told you.

2. Concrete sets up quickly. They're beginning so early, I'm sure they will finish before any big rains.

3. Until possibly this evening, we shouldn't get more than spotty showers which is fine. My gunite was shot in rain.

4. The prediction for the possible TS for this evening will affect the coastline first. You guys are a good ways north of the coastline.

5. The weather models show Corpus getting the brunt of it. I realize that puts us on the dirty side, but we are hopefully east enough to only get mild rains.

6. No one is predicting it will slow and sit on top of us.

7. Al Roker (ok, I know he's not even a meteorologist, but whoever gives him the reports is right more often than our local guys) says the worst will be northwest of the Houston on up through Dallas and northward (poor Dallas and OK).

8. The crew will probably tarp the new concrete before they leave (or you could ask them to).

9. And.... you have many, many people pulling for you and your deck!

Keep us updated! Hugs. Suz.

I am excited! And God is trying to calm me down for real! My brother lives and works on the other side of Houston - so I rarely see him - but I ran to the store to get ice and drinks for the crew - the store it less than a mile from my house. I ran into his foreman who I have known my entire life. He said that they are doing a job right by me. I asked him about the concrete too - and he just giggled and said girls. You get so worked up. Its just a sidewalk! But then he said seriously it shouldn't be a problem - they just need to hurry.

YAY!

Plus the awesome thing is if they finish it and it sets up your concrete will cure better being wet. So look at the positives :)

It is pouring rain here and nothing is happening with my pool. I am guessing at this point I should plan on swimming in December. We are all in the same boat. I don't think we'll get 10 inches of rain but last night they were guessing 5 inches here and the lakes are probably going to flood depending on where the water falls. My inlaws live on a lake outside of San Antonio and we might be helping them evacuate so it has just been a crazy spring/early summer.

You are so wise Suz! I wish you were next door - we could sit out and drink coffee and worry together. Well - maybe add a little Bailey's to it and worry less!

- - - Updated - - -

The threat of flooding is so real and so strange for me. I hope your in-laws make it through without needing to evacuate. What a mess. It reminds me of the fires we had a few years back. My sister was evacuated like 10 times - they would stop the fire, let her back in, then it would break through again. I am ready for some middle ground. I am ready for people to just be griping about 100 degree weather and how stinking hot it is. I don't like all this dangerous stuff where people's homes are in danger.

Probably everything I listed you have already thought about, but sometimes it helps to see it in print. Oh that would be fun to share some worries, coffee, and especially the Bailey's!!!!

I hate the stinkin' heat more than anyone, but you're right, it doesn't place us or our homes in danger. At least this isn't a repeat of the fires. Those terrify me. Been too close before.

Now, as Kim suggested, are you busy taking photos for us? Not for yourself, but to satisfy your picture crazy friends on TFP???? Ha ha! Suz.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.