New Pool Build - Conroe, TX - LOTS of pics! Come say hi Y'all.

Sunbaby

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 27, 2015
Conroe, TX
It seems the rain will never stop! We got our concrete decking poured the day before TS Bill hit - (thank goodness!) It has to stop raining long enough to do the PebbleTec - but we are close! Still have a lot of odds and ends - Firepit, Spraydeck, final electrical, propane tank (they cxl delivery yesterday thanks to the Tropical Storm), drainage for yard, grading, but we are so close!!!

I am thinking PT next week - but it all depends on this rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Sick of it!

- - - Updated - - -

Wendy test time!!!!!!!!!! LOL

What do YOU see about your numbers that need to be fixed?

How do you fix it?

Not counting the FC that is.

Kim

Kim - that is EASY! I post my numbers on the proper forum. Duh.

- - - Updated - - -

Here are my initial thoughts - according to the stuff I have seen on here:

FC = .5 (should be around 4 with a low CYA - must raise CYA)
PH = 7.5 (This one is ok!)
TA = 170 (Need to lower to between 60-120)
CH = 175 (Should be 220-230)
CYA = 0 (need to raise CYA 30-50 - since I am starting off with pucks - guess that won't be hard)

Now - how I do all this? I haven't gotten that far yet! Must read more!

Sunbaby

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 27, 2015
Conroe, TX
I've actually printed everything off and read it a couple of times, but until I actually can use it, I don't think my brain is going to process it. Also, I have to start off going by my PB guidelines for startup. Not sure how long I'll have to do that. But I don't want any issues with warranties.

Yes, I'm scared to bring it up to him. (BBB)

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Use the word chlorine instead of bleach. That seems to help them a lot. Bleach is something you use to wash clothes LOL Chlorine is something you put in a pool.

Kim

Patrick_B

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 7, 2011
Midland TX
LOL....Repeat after Kim. I will not use Bleach in my pool, I will use liquid Chlorine....I will not use Bleach in my pool....

:splash:

Sunbaby

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 27, 2015
Conroe, TX
Newbie Question...may be a question :)

Wendy, Can you please go by this build and tell him how you did it.

THANKS!

Kim

I stopped by and shared my experience - not sure it was helpful!

- - - Updated - - -

Too funny not to share. So the Propane Tank guy got here and about 10 minutes later he knocks on my door and says mam, I am sorry, but I have to run to the store. I will be back in a few minutes. (having had so many crews in my backyard - I thought maybe he needed to use the restroom) so I asked him if there was anything I could help with. He said that he had to go buy some Mosquito Repellant - that he can't stand out there without being eaten alive! LOL - so I proceeded to spray him down with Off. It was so funny though - it has rained pretty much daily for 45 days - the mosquitoes here are getting bigger and angrier!

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
That is funny and so sweet of you to share you OFF with him! Poor thing!

Amazon.com: OFF! Powerpad Lamp: Patio, Lawn Garden

These work! We have one on the pool deck and one on the back porch. We do NOT have ANY mosquito when we have them lit!

We have a wetland behind us and a pond so..............we have plenty of mosquito but they stay away from these!

Thanks for stopping by that other build.

Kim

Sunbaby

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 27, 2015
Conroe, TX
I have seen these in the store - but wasn't sure if they work! I am going to get one this weekend!!!!! I need something on my back patio - they like to congregate there and wait for unsuspecting victims to walk out the door.

Sunbaby

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 27, 2015
Conroe, TX
Here is a picture of my new Propane Tank :) We will soon build a 4' privacy fence all the way in front of the tank - from our current privacy fence (along the concrete) - over to our property line. Our HOA requires the tank be hidden from view and we have been wanting to fence in the rest of our property - but it will have to wait a while . . . $$$

[/url]Untitled by misplaced_texan_usaf, on Flickr[/IMG]

Sunbaby

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 27, 2015
Conroe, TX
These aren't the best pictures of the decking - I was trying to get it before the storm hit again.

Untitled by misplaced_texan_usaf, on Flickr

- - - Updated - - -

Ha! That is a VERY old email address. My husband was in the AF and we were stationed in Utah when I created that email. Funny, that is the one that I have stuck with!

The money? All on booze.
:cheers: