New Pool Build - Conroe, TX - LOTS of pics! Come say hi Y'all.

It IS a great name! Honestly I could just kick myself - I have the most amazing snake repellant EVER - we use it in the country to keep snakes out of our barns - and I have had it since we built the pool and I just never put it out. Now we have to wait till it dries out - but I guarantee it will be put out as soon as possible. I really feel like a bad mom not doing it sooner. :(

Wow, Wendy! I had a lot of catching up to do on your thread, but so worth it. As I was reading the last 4 or 5 pages, I kept noting things in my mind that I wanted to reply to. Then..... I read about Bella, and I've forgotten everything else.

What a horrible experience and then these awful storms and rains to top it all off. Poor, sweet Bella. I'm happy for her, you, and hubby that she's doing much better. And having her home is the best, right?! One of my dad's hunting dogs (a Brittany Spaniel) was bitten by a poisonous snake on his cheek. His entire head was huge, and they almost lost him. He did make it and had a full recovery. I think that's when Dad quit hunting!!!!

Bella is a lucky girl to have you for a mom. And you're lucky to have Bella. Keep the updates coming!

Let us know your snake repellant!!! We usually get a couple of copperheads each spring, but I haven't seen any in a couple of years. But after these rains, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't come up to dry land.

Hugs,
Suz

She is a lucky pup! We love her to pieces. She's doing really well, very drugged and still swollen, but SO much better! The name of the stuff is Viper. And it isn't "officially" for snakes but it should be. They won't cross it. It's really amazing stuff.

http://www.amazon.com/Insecticide-Viper-Conc-4-Oz/dp/B00K7C4MSW

The sun is out! My pool is at 72 today - but I am taking the PLUNGE and heating it for the first time! Keeping a record here in case anyone is interested in the time it takes, etc.
Start time 10:30 AM
Outside temp 82
Pool tem 72
Set point 85
Propane ~71%

26485609612_d22921a647_z.jpg
[/url]Heating pool!!! by Wendy Baldwin, on Flickr[/IMG]

26552043476_0cca76f7a7_z.jpg

26578191115_f4a65fe0b7_z.jpg

26578201895_9f18899836_z.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

30 minutes later 11:00 AM the temp has raised to 74 :)

She is a lucky pup! We love her to pieces. She's doing really well, very drugged and still swollen, but SO much better! The name of the stuff is Viper. And it isn't "officially" for snakes but it should be. They won't cross it. It's really amazing stuff.

http://www.amazon.com/Insecticide-Viper-Conc-4-Oz/dp/B00K7C4MSW

I'm SO SO SO happy Bella is going to be okay! I bet she was happy to be home with her Mama even if she still didn't feel good.

We had a copperhead in the yard when we first moved in that my husband killed with a dull shovel. It was awful! We didn't have the right tools and the shovel wasn't doing a good job of getting the head off. Oi! It was bad and scary to watch. He was trying to pin it with a rake while stabbing with the shovel that wouldn't cut through. After seeing your hubby do it like a pro, lol, I want some of those grippy things. Our shovels are sharp now!

I'll have to look into some natural repellant. I looked at the Viper but I have negative reactions to so many chemicals now that we avoid anything not okayed for use in California as a way to lessen the risk. Viper uses stuff considered toxic to humans in CA and I've already had cancer so not an option for us. Boo! I wonder if there are any natural choices that actually work?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
3 hours it's raised from 72-83!!

I totally understand about the chemicals we haven't found anything that works except for harsh chemicals and cats

3 hours it's raised from 72-83!!

I totally understand about the chemicals we haven't found anything that works except for harsh chemicals and cats

Woo hoo! That's a fast temp rise! Are you swimming?

Yeah, it's not easy. I don't think my dogs would be happy if we got a cat, hubby is allergic to them, and most kitty litter has chemicals in the fragrance that I can't tolerate. I think a cat is out. Our best bet is probably going to be keeping a well kept yard and hoping for the best. Maybe a snake trap.

2 of my little neighbors got them for the pool but they fit adults! So the video is one of the adults in it. Here is my favorite pic!

image.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Grr my pics are posting crazy again

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.