New Pool and Spa with Easytouch and Screenlogic

prozak76

Oct 16, 2020
Tampa Florida
Hello everyone! Just found this forum and I can see I will be on here a lot!

My first question is:

Can An Easytouch 4 and Screenlogic support separate light circuits for SPA, Pool, Features (Bubblers etc.)? I want to be able to have the pool lights on and one color, the spa another color, and the features another color, IF I choose. Is this possible with this equipment? Pool builder says it is not possible. Seems crazy to me.

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the forum.
Each light system would need its own transformer. Then each system would need one Relay. You have 3 (4 with the AUX relay) available in the ET4 to control lights or any other powered systems. The Pool/Filter relay is dedicated to your pump and SWCG (if installed).

If this is a new install, it would make much more sense to install the IntelliCenter. It is the newest Pentair automation, is much more flexible and expandable, has WiFi access built in, and the firmware is upgradable via the Internet.

It is new in the sense that they just turned it over to us. I guess I failed to ask the right questions before the build. The pool builder said that each light set would need its own transformer, but that in order to change light colors of each group I would have to have manual switches that I turn on and off a number of times to change colors. I want it all automated.

As Marty has pointed out, the only way to control each light independently, is for each light to have a dedicated relay and transformers.

You would have to upgrade to an ET-8 and add the necessary transformers. Not that hard for your pool builder to do.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.