Was working: ScreenLogic 2, now not so much

jeffandconnie

Jul 3, 2023
Lake County, CA
Pentair EASYTOUCH PL4/PSL4, ScreenLogic 2
Haven't looked at ScreenLogic since last year.
App on my Android phone connects to SCREENLOGIC and correctly displays Pool temp and lists the features and schedules
But I cannot get anything to go: lights, pump, water fall. Just edited the daily filter cycle will check tomorrow to see if it took.

Jeff,

I assume you have an Antenna at your EasyTouch and another inside by the Protocol Adapter.

Go look at the EasyTouch and make sure the display says "Auto" and "Pool" or "Spa"

Then look at the pump's display and tell me if it shows... "Display Not Active" or it if shows an RPM screen of some kind.

The above is a quick test to make sure the com port on the main card is working.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Hi Jim,

Attaching pics of panel and pump and phone. I believe antennas are ok, was all working last summer.

FYI, I only start using the control after inactive since October last year. ScreenLogic on my phone doesn't look familiar so may be as simple as something I need to do on my phone. I remember having to hunt around for where -exactly- to turn things on and off.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230704-131901.png
    Screenshot_20230704-131901.png
    55.4 KB · Views: 11
  • pump.jpg
    pump.jpg
    377.7 KB · Views: 10
  • Panel.jpg
    Panel.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 10
Jeff,

Well for sure you RS-485 com port is working, so that is a good thing. :goodjob:

I have an android phone and have two apps.. ScreenLogic and ScreenLogic Config.

I noticed that you are not in the Pool or Spa mode.

Try this test.. Go over to your panel and turn on a pool light. Confirm that the Aux button lights up and that the light is actually on.

Then go into ScreenLogic and see what is shows. In theory it should show the light on.. If it does, push the light icon and it should turn off. Then go back to the main panel and see if the light button is off and that the light in the pool is off.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Jeff,

For the pump to run a couple of things need to happen.

The pump must be controlled by the EasyTouch (The display will say.. "Display not active".. So that part is good.
You need to have circuit scheduled to be on.. Usually the Pool Circuit..
A speed must be assigned to that Circuit .. such as Pool = 1800 RPM.

The pump must be getting constant AC power. To test this.. put the system in the Service mode, wait about 30 seconds and see if the pump's display is blank or shows an RPM screen of some kind. If it is blank, that is an issue.

Show me your schedules and pump speeds.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.