New plaster - I think I stained my pool

Oct 6, 2015
TX
Hi all,

We started up our new plaster about ten days ago. I *think* I poured acid incorrectly on the first step and got a few spots. Please see the attached image. In my defense, I was just trying to help it spread it quickly but must have created pockets of low pH. How do I fix this? Jack's ID kit?

Other chemicals ( Please see my logs for the chemicals)
My CYA is 30. I have some trichlor pucks lying around. I figured I'll just use those for a few days until the CYA rises to about 40.

TA is very high.

CH is low.

I am adding acid almost every day so I'm not sure how to time the addition of the other chemicals. I would love some tips.

Many thanks!
Fatima

Attachments

• 20200522_121713.jpg
    20200522_121713.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 13
What plaster startup guide are you following?

When Should Salt be Added? In our industry, there seems to be some consensus to wait 30 days before adding salt to new plaster pools, yet some say it is okay to add salt within a couple of days of filling the pool. Who is right? This thread describes why it appears that the recommendation to wait 30 days before adding any salt is appropriate for most plaster pools, including quartz and pebble pools.

Muriatic acid should be added to the pool by pouring slowly in front of a return jet with the pump running and immediately stir the water in the area with your pool brush. You should pour slowly enough that pouring an entire jug takes more than two minutes. Leave the pump running for at least 30 minutes after adding muriatic acid.

Read

Recommended Pool Chemicals - Trouble Free Pool

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.