New owner/builder build in Miami, Florida

M.A=YES! and think about how you are going to store it.....NO metal as the fumes causes metal to rust. Needs to be well vented. Cannot be by chlorine as they do NOT play well together. I store mine in a plastic can that is vented outside where the critters do not go. If you have kids find a way to "lock" it up. One person found a plastic container and put chain around it and used a lock to lock it. There are some storage containers that have a place to put a lock on the door.

CYA=yes! Please with pool math PoolMath to see how much you need for your size pool to make sure you get enough. Your water will have 0 cya in it.

Liquid chlorine-CAREFUL! Where do they store it? Outside BUT in the shade? Out in the full sun? CHECK the date codes! Make sure it is no more than 3 months old. Check and see if your local pool store carries liquid chlorine. You might have to "rent" their jugs but it is worth it. Do you have an ACE hardware close? If so check to see if they have liquid chlorine. That is where I get mine up here in T-town.

Sequestrant - okay....it is cheap insurance!

Now to add to your shopping list:

2 2cup plastic measuring cups with the oz. on the side. Your M. acid will get it's own cup. The other cup can be used for everything else.

Flat net for getting stuff off the surface of the water

deep net for getting things off the bottom of the pool

pole to put the nets on

Test kit! Look in my siggy for the TF-100. I think this one is the best bang for the buck as it has more of the regents we use most often. If you want to get extra bang for you buck look at the bundle that has the whale wall brush. That is the BEST brush out there for plaster pools. It does the work for you so your shoulders and back don't have to work as hard. Make sure to get the speed stir as well! That is in the big bundle. It makes the testing even easier and faster.

I hope your wallet is not screaming at me!! Have fun shopping!

Kim:kim:

One step ahead of you :)

859733-AE-A11-D-4-D19-A019-4-AE4-F52-A09-D9.jpg

• Love
Reactions: kimkats

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Baby gate will be getting installed today and inspection tomorrow.

STILL waiting on the electrician. I'm trying to be patient, but it's wearing thin...It's so close to being done!

Working on the final step of the backyard, and that'll be turf for the rest of the yard that isn't pavers. Here are the two finalists:

E8-E21-D7-B-A12-A-4-A13-80-BB-761-F652-F78-FF.jpg

And here's the area it's going in:

9-EAC3-F82-CC0-E-4-FC4-9-DC9-FF3-A57240459.jpg

CACCE72-E-1-CF5-4-A67-9-DF7-6-DD0-ACE2-D839.jpg

As with everything else...............the installers will make or break the turf. Make sure to research so you know what the best practices are for it so you can tell if they are just throwing it down or doing it the correct way!

GURRRR on the electric guy!!!!! COME ON GUY!!

90oz is good, shorter height has less tendency to lay flat...that said, pick the most natural color....I lean towards the one on the left.

PS. It’s hot on the feet...thought you guys in FL has lots of water??

Last edited:
As with everything else...............the installers will make or break the turf. Make sure to research so you know what the best practices are for it so you can tell if they are just throwing it down or doing it the correct way!

GURRRR on the electric guy!!!!! COME ON GUY!!

I guess he heard me talking about him cause he showed up today :LOL: Wasn't able to finish but said he would likely finish today.

90oz is good, shorter height has less tendency to lay flat...that said, pick the most natural color....I lean towards the one on the left.

PS. It’s hot on the feet...thought you guys in FL has lots of water??

That was our biggest concern as we heard a lot of people saying that. We've actually had some friend tell us that too, but I feel like it comes down to the quality of the material. We left out these samples all day in the sun, and they didn't get too hot at all. They're, of course, warm to the touch but nothing like I've heard.

Make sure to take the WHOLE baby fence down and put up before they plaster. They will not mean to but someone will mess it up somehow. Better safe than sorry with this.

haha on the turf guy showing up!!! How does it look so far?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.