New Owner Build-Live Music Capital of the World (Austin)

Foos,

So where do the wires going to the heater come from inside your EasyTouch?

Jim R.

I can't tell without removing some wire ties inside the ET. They come up a knockout on the bottom then disappear within a wire bundle that's tied together. I a guessing they are going to the non-switched side of Aux1 relay as this relay has 2 wires on it. Aux1 is my second pump for water features.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
0fa9ce5c7a9c11f16fbd92e645a52a36.jpg

Foos,

Turn off one 220 volt circuit breaker at a time and see which one turns off the heater power...

I'm thinking the second one down....

Jim R.

I thought I had all the breakers on and toggled the on/off switch on the Raypak, but nothing happened. I'm thinking the Aux1 breaker was off. I wanted to get ScreenLogic up and running, so I put the heater check out off for later. Good news is I got ScreenLogic working and successfully toggled some low voltage patio lights on and off. I had to update firmware and it took a little while and also figured out the ET panel can't be in service mode when programming it, but the Pentair website documentation was surprisingly good at helping me through these errors I encountered.

Waiting for rain to subside so we can plaster. Wife decided on Wet Edge Luna Quartz Bermuda. We kicked around mini pebble, quartz and polished, but ultimately she liked the smoothness of quartz and the color of Bermuda. Good news is this will save about $2K off what I had budgeted for mini pebble.

In the meantime, I had the plumber shift the filter over to give more room for filter cleanings (see pic below). I left the plumbing to the heater alone versus switching the plumbing around internally. I was out of the country and the plumber did not seem familiar with Raypak heaters and I got some strange questions about physically moving the heater. I think they were going to turn the heater 90 or 180 degrees versus moving the internal manifold. I envisioned arriving home to the front of the heater facing the house and being enraged so decided, bird in hand...

Updated equipment pad picture
IMG_3921.jpg

Foos,

Turn off one 220 volt circuit breaker at a time and see which one turns off the heater power...

I'm thinking the second one down....

Jim R.

Heater is connected to the breaker for the Super Flo pump (water feature pump). What I've realized is there are not enough breakers to have a separate breaker for every item, so some breakers are being shared.

Whoever said waiting on the plaster is the worst wait of a pool build is dead on. 2 weeks of rain, but clear skies today....where oh where is my plaster company?!?!

Gas line installed for heater yesterday. Called him back out today, as it was a really sloppy job and would be trouble down the road. Very quick to show up and apologized. Told me the guy doing the work yesterday was fired...I guess I wasn't the only unhappy customer. Everything pool wise is done except the plaster.

Whoever said waiting on the plaster is the worst wait of a pool build is dead on. 2 weeks of rain, but clear skies today....where oh where is my plaster company?!?!

Gas line installed for heater yesterday. Called him back out today, as it was a really sloppy job and would be trouble down the road. Very quick to show up and apologized. Told me the guy doing the work yesterday was fired...I guess I wasn't the only unhappy customer. Everything pool wise is done except the plaster.

I have been there before. My first pool I did a lot of the work myself and it took forever before I finished. Almost 2 years after gunnite before I was ready for plaster. But that was budget driven too.

I hate to rub salt in your wounds..... but you also should wait after you add water for everything to settle down before swimming. But at least you get to look at a beautiful pool.

I have been there before. My first pool I did a lot of the work myself and it took forever before I finished. Almost 2 years after gunnite before I was ready for plaster. But that was budget driven too.

I hate to rub salt in your wounds..... but you also should wait after you add water for everything to settle down before swimming. But at least you get to look at a beautiful pool.
Yeah, several weeks at least before any swimming...I'm just looking forward to getting it done and the yard/fence/etc back together. That alone will make me happy.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Traditional. It is quartz and I'm assuming they did an acid rinse, but they were in and out of here fast today, so I'm not totally sure I don't need to do an acid startup. Not as much quartz exposed as the sample.

Call them and ask.

Pentair experts. I setup my ET8 and Screen Logic. Pretty sure I missed something. The spa is full of water, so I decided to give it a test run to ensure it's working. I press the SPA button on my iphone, ET8 filter button lights up and relay kicks in clunk, but no valve actuation or pump action. Heater is powered off. I setup circuits, Intelliflo speeds, but no schedules.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.